Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
For a child hitting my car.

I was at the end of a street (no stop sign but there should be) waiting for it to clear so I could turn. In order to see part of the street I have to be right up close and basically block the side walk. I hate doing it but I cannot see part of the street otherwise and people go 50+ down this road. At this time of day it is very busy.

Well there was a girl standing at the end of the sidewalk facing the road when I pulled up (so she saw my car). She turned around to wait for her mom to catch up. Well as her mom got near her, the girl turned to run across the street (not a good idea considering people speed down this road also and don't stop since there is no stop sign). Well she ran smack into the side of my car.

I put my car in park and got out. She wasn't hurt, but her mom was pissed. She was yelling at me for hitting her daughter. I didn't hit her, she hit me. She threatened to call the police and I told her to go ahead. She decided not to.

I did call the non emergency line just to make sure I couldn't get in trouble if the lady had grabbed my tag number and decided to call later. They said unless she had actual proof that I hit her daughter and ran, there is nothing they can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Oh I agree, but nobody can assume what someone saw or what someone was thinking , just sayin.

Quoting Anonymous:

She was running in to the road so one would hope she was paying attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

while the mom was probably being a bitch, you cant just assume the kid saw you, you dont know where she was looking or if she was paying attention.

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I think the police are hip to this happening.  A couple of years ago ds13 got hit by some fuck head in a van. I can sort of understand why since he was riding AGAINST traffic on a sidewalk and the guy probably didn't look to the right as he was pulling out of a driveway.  I call the police because the aforementioned fuckhead didn't stay long enough to help my son out, that's why he earned his title.  The police kept asking ds did YOU hit the car or did the car hit YOU.  He thought ds was responsible until I said I'll be happy to show you his mangled bike officer.  This didn't sit well with ds who has not particularly liked cops since then, unfortunately.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Oh I get the mama bear part totally. But it was just funny to see her reaction go there. If she calls, she calls. Police come out I will be polite and speak to them nicely.

Quoting llamaqueen:

Sounds fucked. I get the mama bear instinct but she had to have seen her daughter run into your car. It was probably a scam.

Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Or walking down the street straight into a telephone pole.Not that I would know this..:p 

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

The car is old so if she happen to dent it I would probably would never know lol. Girl was ok as far as I could tell. She didn't hit very hard, but feel back on her butt. I think she was more embarrassed than anything. It was equivalent to talking to someone turning around and running into a door that is right there.

Quoting Sinistercookie:

I just know if I seen my child hit or be hit by a car,I would be so frightened who knows where my mind would be. Good call not making it worse lol. Im assuming the child and car are ok?

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Yeah. That is why I didn't yell back. Figured yelling would make things worse.

Quoting Sinistercookie:

She was probably just scared and over-reacted.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Sorry that happened. Glad your son is ok though. I wasn't worried about the police or anything at the time. I was just concerned about the girl who decided to tackle my car. As long as she was ok, I would deal with everything else. I knew I had not done anything wrong.

Quoting MicheleJM:

I think the police are hip to this happening.  A couple of years ago ds13 got hit by some fuck head in a van. I can sort of understand why since he was riding AGAINST traffic on a sidewalk and the guy probably didn't look to the right as he was pulling out of a driveway.  I call the police because the aforementioned fuckhead didn't stay long enough to help my son out, that's why he earned his title.  The police kept asking ds did YOU hit the car or did the car hit YOU.  He thought ds was responsible until I said I'll be happy to show you his mangled bike officer.  This didn't sit well with ds who has not particularly liked cops since then, unfortunately.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Oh I get the mama bear part totally. But it was just funny to see her reaction go there. If she calls, she calls. Police come out I will be polite and speak to them nicely.

Quoting llamaqueen:

Sounds fucked. I get the mama bear instinct but she had to have seen her daughter run into your car. It was probably a scam.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I would know. But then again I have tripped standing still. Now that is klutz talent lol.

Quoting Sinistercookie:

Or walking down the street straight into a telephone pole.Not that I would know this..:p 

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

The car is old so if she happen to dent it I would probably would never know lol. Girl was ok as far as I could tell. She didn't hit very hard, but feel back on her butt. I think she was more embarrassed than anything. It was equivalent to talking to someone turning around and running into a door that is right there.

Quoting Sinistercookie:

I just know if I seen my child hit or be hit by a car,I would be so frightened who knows where my mind would be. Good call not making it worse lol. Im assuming the child and car are ok?

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Yeah. That is why I didn't yell back. Figured yelling would make things worse.

Quoting Sinistercookie:

She was probably just scared and over-reacted.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
llamaqueen
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Good luck! I hope you get the job. I just got mine 3 weeks ago so I'm still playing catch up.

I accidentally backed into a lady once and hit right where her baby was in the backseat. It was in a parking lot, neither of us were going more than 3-5 mph; there wasn't even any damage but I scared her baby and felt like shit. :(

She was really nice about it though.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Well I have a job interview next week so hopefully things will get better.

Trust me if I had actually hit the girl I would have been getting our of my car crying while calling 911! There would have not been enough I am sorry' s coming out of my mouth.

Quoting llamaqueen:Sucks man. I'm kinda short on cash too. Better than I have been though so things are looking up. The one time I saw a scam like that, the guy backed down pretty quick after the person who "hit" him told him to go ahead and call the cops. That's why I thought of it. I know if I truly believed someone hit my child I wouldn't hesitate to call.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:She picked the wrong chick Lmao. I am so broke right now. She might have gotten a dime from me.

Quoting llamaqueen:She was probably hoping you would pay her off. Give her some money or something not to call the cops. I've seen it happen before.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:Oh I get the mama bear part totally. But it was just funny to see her reaction go there. If she calls, she calls. Police come out I will be polite and speak to them nicely.

Quoting llamaqueen:Sounds fucked. I get the mama bear instinct but she had to have seen her daughter run into your car. It was probably a scam.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I would have been getting after my daughter for running out into the street without looking.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I would have been in tears. Glad she was nice about it.

Quoting llamaqueen:

Good luck! I hope you get the job. I just got mine 3 weeks ago so I'm still playing catch up.

I accidentally backed into a lady once and hit right where her baby was in the backseat. It was in a parking lot, neither of us were going more than 3-5 mph; there wasn't even any damage but I scared her baby and felt like shit. :(

She was really nice about it though.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Well I have a job interview next week so hopefully things will get better.

Trust me if I had actually hit the girl I would have been getting our of my car crying while calling 911! There would have not been enough I am sorry' s coming out of my mouth.

Quoting llamaqueen:Sucks man. I'm kinda short on cash too. Better than I have been though so things are looking up. The one time I saw a scam like that, the guy backed down pretty quick after the person who "hit" him told him to go ahead and call the cops. That's why I thought of it. I know if I truly believed someone hit my child I wouldn't hesitate to call.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:She picked the wrong chick Lmao. I am so broke right now. She might have gotten a dime from me.

Quoting llamaqueen:She was probably hoping you would pay her off. Give her some money or something not to call the cops. I've seen it happen before.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:Oh I get the mama bear part totally. But it was just funny to see her reaction go there. If she calls, she calls. Police come out I will be polite and speak to them nicely.

Quoting llamaqueen:Sounds fucked. I get the mama bear instinct but she had to have seen her daughter run into your car. It was probably a scam.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
finnbar
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
The child should have been taught to look both ways, twice, before charging across. If the child is incapable of being responsible for safe street crossing then the MOTHER has no business allowing her to run loose on a sidewalk

Quoting Anonymous:while the mom was probably being a bitch, you cant just assume the kid saw you, you dont know where she was looking or if she was paying attention.
MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Right and from my experience the police would be likely to see she ran into you.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Sorry that happened. Glad your son is ok though. I wasn't worried about the police or anything at the time. I was just concerned about the girl who decided to tackle my car. As long as she was ok, I would deal with everything else. I knew I had not done anything wrong.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Quoting llamaqueen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)