Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
For a child hitting my car.

I was at the end of a street (no stop sign but there should be) waiting for it to clear so I could turn. In order to see part of the street I have to be right up close and basically block the side walk. I hate doing it but I cannot see part of the street otherwise and people go 50+ down this road. At this time of day it is very busy.

Well there was a girl standing at the end of the sidewalk facing the road when I pulled up (so she saw my car). She turned around to wait for her mom to catch up. Well as her mom got near her, the girl turned to run across the street (not a good idea considering people speed down this road also and don't stop since there is no stop sign). Well she ran smack into the side of my car.

I put my car in park and got out. She wasn't hurt, but her mom was pissed. She was yelling at me for hitting her daughter. I didn't hit her, she hit me. She threatened to call the police and I told her to go ahead. She decided not to.

I did call the non emergency line just to make sure I couldn't get in trouble if the lady had grabbed my tag number and decided to call later. They said unless she had actual proof that I hit her daughter and ran, there is nothing they can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

what the child was taught has nothing to do with this lady assuming that the kid saw her, she doesnt know that the kid actually saw her or not, shes just assuming .

Quoting finnbar:

The child should have been taught to look both ways, twice, before charging across. If the child is incapable of being responsible for safe street crossing then the MOTHER has no business allowing her to run loose on a sidewalk

Quoting Anonymous:while the mom was probably being a bitch, you cant just assume the kid saw you, you dont know where she was looking or if she was paying attention.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
She obviously needs to teach her kid to look before she leaps...
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM

My mom got used by the parents of a teenager who tried to slide his bike under her van. She was driving (about 10 miles an hour or the kid would have died) and he decided to try a "stunt" by putting his bike and himself in the space between the tires and attempted to come out the other side. He didn't, he got stuck and ended up with a broken leg and a few other injuries. The case was thrown out.

the mom sounds like she was scared and also like she doesn't have very good control over her kiddo.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
So what if I presume that by looking directly across the way that she saw me. It hell I could have learned she possibly heard either one of my boys getting HI at her. I didn't say anything to her about seeing me it not.

And yes her being taught to look both ways and pay attention to the fucking road had something to do with her running into the side of my car. If she had been taught those things and utilized them she probably wouldn't have ran into my car. Or worse had I already pulled out onto the road, she would have known better than to run out into the road and possibly get hit by one of the speeding assholes around here.

Quoting Anonymous:

what the child was taught has nothing to do with this lady assuming that the kid saw her, she doesnt know that the kid actually saw her or not, shes just assuming .

Quoting finnbar:

The child should have been taught to look both ways, twice, before charging across. If the child is incapable of being responsible for safe street crossing then the MOTHER has no business allowing her to run loose on a sidewalk

Quoting Anonymous:while the mom was probably being a bitch, you cant just assume the kid saw you, you dont know where she was looking or if she was paying attention.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Yikes! I can only imagine how scared your mom was. I figured the mom was scared. That is why I didn't yell or argue with her. I was just shocked she accused me of hitting her daughter when it was clear that was not a possibility.

Quoting sheramom4:

My mom got used by the parents of a teenager who tried to slide his bike under her van. She was driving (about 10 miles an hour or the kid would have died) and he decided to try a "stunt" by putting his bike and himself in the space between the tires and attempted to come out the other side. He didn't, he got stuck and ended up with a broken leg and a few other injuries. The case was thrown out.

the mom sounds like she was scared and also like she doesn't have very good control over her kiddo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
finnbar
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
So the lady thought the child saw her, it doesn't matter either way. If I stopped driving everytimeI saw a child on the sidewalk I would never get anywhere. The child ran into a stopped car. What else can be said?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting finnbar:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM

you assuming the little girl saw you, is just hearsay in a court of law because you can not tell a judge what was in the mind of another human being.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

So what if I presume that by looking directly across the way that she saw me. It hell I could have learned she possibly heard either one of my boys getting HI at her. I didn't say anything to her about seeing me it not.

And yes her being taught to look both ways and pay attention to the fucking road had something to do with her running into the side of my car. If she had been taught those things and utilized them she probably wouldn't have ran into my car. Or worse had I already pulled out onto the road, she would have known better than to run out into the road and possibly get hit by one of the speeding assholes around here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting finnbar:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM

what the lady thought the child saw is hearsay in a court of law  and the lady cant not tell a judge what another human being saw or thought.

Quoting finnbar:

So the lady thought the child saw her, it doesn't matter either way. If I stopped driving everytimeI saw a child on the sidewalk I would never get anywhere. The child ran into a stopped car. What else can be said?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting finnbar:

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Well I will remember that if this ever goes to court (just to be clear that is to be read as sarcasm)

Quoting Anonymous:

what the lady thought the child saw is hearsay in a court of law  and the lady cant not tell a judge what another human being saw or thought.

Quoting finnbar:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting finnbar:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Lmao don't care what you think is sarcasm,your sarcasm just shows you don't like to be shown you're wrong about something.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Well I will remember that if this ever goes to court (just to be clear that is to be read as sarcasm)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting finnbar:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting finnbar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN