Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Animal control or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Neighbors dog barks just about all day. He gets other dogs barking. He is in a pen about 8x6. I do not know if he has food and water but would assume he does. Im sick and tired of hearing the dog bark. Would or can animal control do anything about it? Would you call animal control because of this? I can not talk to them they are mean people. Tried to talk with them about other issues before only to be cussed out and after the thrid time I quit trying to talk with them.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Call.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
What kind of dog?

BB gun?
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Depends on laws in ur town. Some say as long as daylight they cant do anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I would call. But the owners of the dog might know its you that called and retaliate. Or they might hurt their dog because they got in trouble.
SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I'd call the city and ask what can be done. Explain the situation. If you dont care to much of what happens to the dog, call animal control, but they may end up hurting the dog (the owners)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM

A German Shepard

Quoting redneckmama4:

What kind of dog?

BB gun?

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Leave them a note and tell them to bring in their barking dog. 

Yes, I would call.  People like this need to live in the country, far away from others. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Straight up bb gun!

It isn't right to deal with the dog and not owners but in this situation, it is useful.

Quoting Anonymous:

A German Shepard

Quoting redneckmama4:

What kind of dog?

BB gun?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM

If hte dog is truly barking ALL day and you are not exaggerating, then I would probably place a call.  You can be anonymous when you call.   The dog could be hurt, thirsty, hungry, or just plain bored.    I would NOT recommend a BB gun or hurting the dog. This isn't his fault, it is his dumbass owners. 

We have 5 dogs and every house in our area has about 1 acre or more of property.  Our dogs will bark when they play, but we don't let  them make noise for more than a few minutes at a time (10 minutes tops and then it gets on our nerves) and only between 10a-7p since there are families around us.   However, it ticks me off when people complain about that bit of noise , especially when their kids can be out all hours (often until 10pm - they are homeschooled and play outside in the dark) and scream their heads off.   If you don't want to hear noise, then live out in the middle of nowhere.   To me, barking dogs and screaming kids are the same nusiance, but most people don't agree with me but that is Ok.  

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Call animal control and ask.

Here in my county noise complaints are tricky, but it's helpful that it's durring the day...

Here an officer has to be available to sit and observe the noise complaint to verify for a certain amount of time and then he can cite the owners.... But it is a really low priority so most other calls would be placed above yours.... Though it is a legitimate call!

Dh is an animal control officer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN