Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Peri-menopause/Menopause

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am in Peri-menopause  It is the beginning of menopause, basically, when you still have the occasional period.  Menopause begins when you go 12 months without a period. But, I am so looking forward to full blown menopause!!  I am 46, and started my period when I was 11.  So, with the exception of 2 pregnancies, I have been having one for 35 years!!  I am so over it!

I can handle any of the symptoms, with the exception of the hot flashes!  UGH!!  Someone make them go away!!!!  They come and go, and sometimes only last for a couple minutes to 5 or 10 minutes.  I am not really moody, no depression, no other symptoms, except those darn hot flashes.  Sometimes I call them heat waves.

Anyone else going through the same thing?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM

BUMP!

2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Yes me I'm 43 and I get hot flashes all the time
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM

How do you deal with them?  They come and go so fast, that I start burning up, then if I turn a fan on or anything, within a few minutes I am freezing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Lol I turn the air on then off when they go away talk to your Dr they may have a better suggestion. On meds

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

How do you deal with them?  They come and go so fast, that I start burning up, then if I turn a fan on or anything, within a few minutes I am freezing.

Quoting Anonymous:

2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM

No insurance :(  And health dept dr just wrote down a few herbs that "might or might not help".  I am going to talk to the pharmacist to see if they can recommend anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I turn the air on then off when they go away talk to your Dr they may have a better suggestion. On meds

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Quoting Anonymous:

mom2gmp2
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Black cohosh. You can buy it at walmart for like $5. It helps with moodiness as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I thought I was so I scheduled an appointment - turns out I'm pregnant - ahahahahah

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Oh my, yes! For me though, it's the night sweats. Ugh!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Do you mind if I ask how old you are? I just wanna know when I may expect to go through it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)