Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Question For Clean Freaks

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 53 Replies
To those of you who are really neat and tidy, did you grow up in a clean or dirty house? My mom never cleaned, so our house was kind of gross. I was always jealous of friends who lived in clean places. Even now, when I go visit my mom, I'm pretty disgusted by the filth and clutter. I am just trying to figure out where my obsession with cleanliness comes from, and if it has anything to do with the environment I grew up in. I started cleaning at a really young age, maybe around 10, and have been a freak about it my entire adult life, especially since having kids. It kind of bothers me, though. It's like I'm obsessed and can't relax unless everything is in its place.
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I am very particular and on top of things, my Mom is and was the same exact way.
bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I come from a clean home, and I like mine that way as well. I'd likely lose a smaller kid into the mess that could accumulate after one day of not picking uf after this tribe. Lol

imakehimscream
by He screams on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
My house was always clean when I was little. I cannot....stand messes so my house is always clean
abecee
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I don't consider myself a clean freak but we keep our house clean tidy and organized.  My mom wasn't a clean tidy person at all, I always found it disgusting.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:19 PM
My house was semi clean and not cluttered at all.
ninjakids
by Christina on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I read this as clown freaks..Lmfao!
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Quoting ninjakids:

was your mom a clown freak? lol

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM
My parents home was pretty tidy, not sterile. It always looked tidier than most of my friends houses. My room was an unholy mess though. It was solely my responsibility to clean from 6 or 7 on up. If I didn't bring my trash to the curb or my laundry to the machine I was out of luck.

Since living on my own I need my surroundings to be clutter free, organized and clean. If they aren't I start to feel frazzled and I can't concentrate. I don't disinfect all surfaces and I don't use hand sanitizer but I want things clean.
BEXi
by BEXi on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I grew up in a messy (not dirty though) home.

I have a clean, yet sometimes cluttered home now. :P

ninjakids
by Christina on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I had to re read the title after the first question, i was like huh? What's that gotta do with clowns? lol

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Quoting ninjakids:

was your mom a clown freak? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)