Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it right to force him?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've heard a lot of women say they would make their son be in his child's life if they got a girl pregnant at a young age...

How is that right?

I just don't see how it's fair to the child to force a person to be in that child's life when they don't want to be.

My daughters father isn't around because he doesn't want to be, I refuse to force him to be around because that would only hurt my daughter more to have him around against his will. How would you feel if your parent didn't want you but kept you because they were forced to? I'd rather not have my parent in my life than have them forced to be in my life against their will.

Single Teen Mommy.  Mother to One Beautiful Daughter.  Senior in High School. College Student.

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this

he needs to be responsible for his actions if only in child support.

lesalmi
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:55 AM
3 moms liked this
I am in the same boat as you, and agree completely. I however would make it clear that I will be grandma whether he choses to be daddy or not

I don't understand how. People can know they have a child or grandchild out there and not want to know them... baffles me
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I definitly see your point. i would personally hope to not raise a shitty person that would be willing to just walk away from their child.

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:57 AM
2 moms liked this

The courts would likely make him be a part of the child's life anyhow unless he totally signed off on custody and even then he would need to provide financial support. If my kid is responsible enough to take on the consequences of sex then yes, I would encourage him to be in the child's life. I would want to be too.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Whether he chooses to see the kid or not, he needs to be responsible for the kid.  There is no way I would let my kid shirk his responsibilities to a kid that he laid down and helped make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I do understand where your coming from. However, I think that just to walk away with out even trying to form a bond with the child is even worse.

ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Yeah I totally agree on the child support, I was talking about physically being in the child's life and forcing him to visit the child and spend time with the child against his will
Quoting MixedCooke:

he needs to be responsible for his actions if only in child support.

Single Teen Mommy.  Mother to One Beautiful Daughter.  Senior in High School. College Student.

ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM
That's the way my daughters grandmother is. She told dds father that she was going to be in dds life regardless of his decision to be in her life or not.
Quoting lesalmi:

I am in the same boat as you, and agree completely. I however would make it clear that I will be grandma whether he choses to be daddy or not

I don't understand how. People can know they have a child or grandchild out there and not want to know them... baffles me

ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Me too
Quoting villagemamma:

I definitly see your point. i would personally hope to not raise a shitty person that would be willing to just walk away from their child.

ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Oh yeah I wasn't talking about child support. I was talking strictly about forcing him to physically be in the child's life
Quoting csxt99:

Whether he chooses to see the kid or not, he needs to be responsible for the kid.  There is no way I would let my kid shirk his responsibilities to a kid that he laid down and helped make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)