Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So The Cops Were Called On Me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
My almost 7 year old dd has severe ADHD and ODD. She is having a med change, and her doctors office messed up on her meds. They mail the script to you. So they mailed the correct script on monday and I should get it tomorrow. Well because of all this she ran out of her regular med and was unmedicated today. She had a bad day at school and her teacher called me to tell me about it.

Dd and I made cupcakes as a treat the other day. We rarely ever have any sweets here so this was a big treat. I keep them locked in my room. She was supposed to be cleaning her room, but she picked my bedroom door lock and snuck in my room and ate 3 cupcakes in the 10minute phone call I had with her teacher. So I told her she was grounded for a week and now has an earlier bedtime for the week.

She was bouncing off the walls for the rest of the day. My SO decided to come over and watch a movie with us. My dd had been given a mirror with corkboard for her locker from a neighbor. I told her it wasn't a toy and set it aside. It had big thumbtacks in it and I didn't want her to get hurt. It fell off the table and I thought I got all the tacks picked up. Well at 7:30 I said to dd that it was bedtime and to clean up her toys.

She freaked and started to tantrum. 5 min later, SO gets up to throw away something in the garbage and he stepped barefoot onto the big thumtack. He let out this huge scream followed by "omg this is such bullshit, fuck!" Which followed by me saying "hey stop that! There's no need to swear like that and definitely not in front of my dd!" Which was followed by my dd screaming super loud and yelling "I don't want to be here right now!" Because she thought SO was yelling at her. I calmed her down, and got her into bed and read her a story. My SO took 10 min outside on the balcony to calm down and check out his foot.

Well a few minutes later there's a knock on the door. Its 3 cops who ask who lives here and if they could talk to me. And one talked to SO. I told them exactly what happened. Apparantly one of my neighbors called the cops on me when they heard SO yell and then when dd said she didn't want to be here right now.

I don't hit or spank my kid, she's very well taken care of. But now I'm afraid CPS will be called or something. I have nothing to hide at all. But I'm just shocked. I've never had the cops called on me, never been arrested, don't drink, never did drugs, nothing. So this was very scary to me. The cops wrote a bunch of stuff down, yelled at SO for cursing infront of dd and said they have to file this. So will CPS be showing up here now?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BDolphins82
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Bump. Maybe
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM
No idea. I'd prepare just in case. Here is a bump. Good luck mama
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Well if they do. Don't be afraid. If what you say happened then you have nothing to worry about. Just be honest and open.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
It happened exactly like how I said. I have absolutely nothing to hide. I just can't believe someone called the cops on me for that. Theres people in my building selling drugs and the cops do nothing about that, but they send 3 cops here for this! Lol

Quoting Sarahb21:

Well if they do. Don't be afraid. If what you say happened then you have nothing to worry about. Just be honest and open.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I don't think they will. It is possible but very unlikely.
2manydiapers
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM

like you said you have nothing to worry about, as far as the thumbtack thing ouch.. I wouldve cursed too. 

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Then don't worry. It will be ok and IF there is a case opened it will be closed quickly. :)

While it's a shitty situation for you, I applaud the person who called for thinking there was a child being abused and actually doing something about it. Too many children are abused horribly and no one does anything. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It happened exactly like how I said. I have absolutely nothing to hide. I just can't believe someone called the cops on me for that. Theres people in my building selling drugs and the cops do nothing about that, but they send 3 cops here for this! Lol

Quoting Sarahb21:

momofne
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I doubt it. Just remember they were doing their job and looking out for your DD.

stephensmommy06
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I would find a new dr...one that hands paper scripts not mails them
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I probably would have too, it was one of those big ones. It was in his foot so far it was hard to pull out!

Quoting 2manydiapers:

like you said you have nothing to worry about, as far as the thumbtack thing ouch.. I wouldve cursed too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)