Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions? Need advice? :)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Alright ladies, I want to take on a few questions... I have my 4 year BA of psychology, and I'm now getting my masters in marriage and family therapy. 

I soon want to open up my own clinic, please, let me know if you need any advice or want to ask me a question and see if I can help!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I have been married a year and a half we have been together for seven years we have two children together and two which was are from my previous relationship. I have had trust issues for the longest with him and now today I find a phone I knew nothing about and that he lied about months ago saying it was his friend phone. Then he tell me it was for trying to find a threesome because I never gave him one. needless to say I said I wanted a divorce and he packed all his belongings and left. Now I am left with no job because I am a sahm. what should I do?
Monkeychick
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:39 PM
How can me and my husband communicate better with each other ?
ladybugchar
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi sister!

Quoting cowgirls10181:

Send me a mesage I have a question!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Well, right now I work as an addictions counsellor as well as in a mental health facility. I'm hoping that once I finish my masters degree, that I'll have my own practice. But, right now 1) ADDICTIONS COUNSELLOR: asses people with addictions, talk with them, report back to their probation officers and I talk with the families of people with an addiction. (this is my full time career as of right now). And 2) Mental Health: I do a number of things, usually I talk with the patients, and just make sure everything is going smoothly, and I do all of this while being watched by my supervisor! I need so many hours for my masters program! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok im a little confused on what exactly you do. May be dumb me asking just my thought

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Well, it all depends on what you want out of therapy. Psychiatrists are great, but I do not agree with them giving out meds to help people. I would personally recommend a psychologist, or some sort of counsellor to help you work through your PTSD, and if need be, they can refer you to a psychiatrist, etc. A lot of people actually have this, including myself. 

Now, for your next question, I'm not sure what you're asking. How can you figure out WHY you have it? Or figure out IF you have it? 

Quote my answer, and I'll help you through the second part of your question! 

Quoting Anonymous:

What type of Dr should I see for PTSD? Like psychologist, or psychiatrist. My mom says I've had it since 13 years old but won't say why. So how can I help myself find out

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Coming right now, sorry I was watching a show lol :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Where's the answers?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM

It could be from a number of things. Are you stressed out? Are you over working yourself? (Mentally, emotionally, physically). Do you get enough sleep? Do you over sleep? What are your eating habits like? Too many hours infront of a computer/tv? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why am I so tired all the time?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Well, this is a heavy question. I'm going to message you, and we can talk more in depth. Ok? 

Quoting ashli488:

how do i trust someone completely when they are part of the reason i dont trust people completely...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM

My goal in this career, or on here?

Quoting HIJKLM:

What is your goal? Like who do you want to help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
I think I'm addicted to fast food. I eat it everyday and I don't know how to stop. Suggestions?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured