Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Questions? Need advice? :)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Alright ladies, I want to take on a few questions... I have my 4 year BA of psychology, and I'm now getting my masters in marriage and family therapy. 

I soon want to open up my own clinic, please, let me know if you need any advice or want to ask me a question and see if I can help!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Anonymous, I am so sorry to hear that. I'm glad that you stuck up for yourself tho! Good job. No man/woman should ever dictate what their partner does in bed. It should be a place that you feel safe, respected and appreciated. You deserve better.

Anyways, to the question...
Is your name under the house, cars, etc? What I would recommend doing, is taking out some money from the bank, and getting a lawyer. Talk it over with them, and see what the next move is. Relationship wise, I'd say if he comes back, pack yours and the kids stuff up, and leave. Go to a family members house, a womans shelter, friends house, etc. I'm sure someone is willing to help you. Get your resume out there and start looking, or apply for welfare for now. 

Let's make an escape plan right now, if you're willing to do so.. Also a question for you, is there abuse (mentally, emotionally, physically) going on? Is he controlling?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been married a year and a half we have been together for seven years we have two children together and two which was are from my previous relationship. I have had trust issues for the longest with him and now today I find a phone I knew nothing about and that he lied about months ago saying it was his friend phone. Then he tell me it was for trying to find a threesome because I never gave him one. needless to say I said I wanted a divorce and he packed all his belongings and left. Now I am left with no job because I am a sahm. what should I do?

stephensmommy06
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM
My son is bipolar (7)but I think he's got schizophrenic tendencies...how can I tell what's "normal" for his age and what's not...(and yes I will discuss with his current psych)
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Yes, your career

Quoting Anonymous:

My goal in this career, or on here?

Quoting HIJKLM:

What is your goal? Like who do you want to help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Communicate how? In fights, just talking? 
If it's with fights, how does a normal fight with him go? 

Quoting Monkeychick:

How can me and my husband communicate better with each other ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Are you completely ready to give it up? Be honest. Why are you eating it everyday? Is it good? Is it because you don't have the time to cook? You don't like dishes? What is the reason for eating it every day? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I'm addicted to fast food. I eat it everyday and I don't know how to stop. Suggestions?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I've always known that I'd wanted to help people somehow. It wasn't until my sophomore year, that I realized I'd wanted to get into psychology. I love learning about how we think, how our brains work, why we do the things we do, and act the way we act. 

Anyways, for my career, my goal is to help as many people as possible before I die. I want to have my own clinic, and I'm hoping to work with people of all ages, from young children to the elderly. Mostly, I'd like to work with families and couples.  

Quoting HIJKLM:

Yes, your career

Quoting Anonymous:

My goal in this career, or on here?

Quoting HIJKLM:

What is your goal? Like who do you want to help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Should I leave my DH? We've been together for almost 6 years and have children together. I am currently a SAHM. He is mean to me on a daily basis, calls me names every day . He later apologizes, but he still continues to do it.

Also, he does this in front of our children. He is rarely, if ever, home. Not cheating, but always working on his stupid projects. He gets money and blows it before paying for diapers or bills. He never helps with our children, and I'm forced to run around constantly on my own.

When, if for any reason he DOES watch our children, he lays on the couch and puts a movie on in their room. He doesn't really interact with them, period. He also told me while I was pregnant he didn't want the baby (our 3rd) and came close to refusing to sign the birth certificate (and, no, I didn't cheat. Fact is, he's just an asshole...)

If you're advice is to leave, how in the living hell do I get the strength? He says he'll trash the car if I take it and he refuses to leave our home when I've told him it was over. He Just. Won't. Leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM

What kinds of things do you see him doing, that don't seem "normal"

Quoting stephensmommy06:

My son is bipolar (7)but I think he's got schizophrenic tendencies...how can I tell what's "normal" for his age and what's not...(and yes I will discuss with his current psych)

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM
DF is almost done his BA in psychology. Is there many jobs for BAs he wants to be a researcher but knows he needs at least a PHD to do anything important.
stephensmommy06
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Well the whole bipolar thing comes with a slew of abnormal behaviors... he talks about bugs controlling his brain...or he talks in a different voice...he psych knows about these behaviors and said to monitor them

Quoting Anonymous:

What kinds of things do you see him doing, that don't seem "normal"

Quoting stephensmommy06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)