Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Questions? Need advice? :)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Alright ladies, I want to take on a few questions... I have my 4 year BA of psychology, and I'm now getting my masters in marriage and family therapy. 

I soon want to open up my own clinic, please, let me know if you need any advice or want to ask me a question and see if I can help!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:57 AM

No, no you're not whining! You're simply asking for advice. 

Who's house is the name under? You should take some money out, go to a lawyer and get some legal advice. But, you should pack up and go to a family members house, friends, a woman's shelter. If you can, get a job or go on financial aid for now. Get yourself out of there. Stand up for yourself. You only have one life to live, so don't waste it on someone who doesn't respect you and trys to control you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been trying for almost three years to fix this. Some stupid part of me insists on trying, for the kids, but I know deep down I am doing more damage to them. In the end, I truly feel like us splitting up will be for the best.

But I'm terrified of doing it alone. And I've tried kicking him out. He won't leave. I've been thinking of packing up his belongings and dropping them off at his parent's house. I thought that might be just the kick in the butt he needs. I'm just straight up scared.

I almost feel like I still love him, but I can't even tell anymore. Sorry if I'm whining. I've been very confused about this for a long time.

Quoting Anonymous:

First of all, I'm really sorry you had to go through this. 

From the info you gave me, yes I do think that you should leave. He seems like he belittles you quite a bit, and isn't respectful of yours or the kids needs. He also sounds very controlling. But, that is just my opinion from the info you gave me.  

Are you ready to leave tho? Like 110%, or is a part of you still wanting to work through this? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Should I leave my DH? We've been together for almost 6 years and have children together. I am currently a SAHM. He is mean to me on a daily basis, calls me names every day . He later apologizes, but he still continues to do it.

Also, he does this in front of our children. He is rarely, if ever, home. Not cheating, but always working on his stupid projects. He gets money and blows it before paying for diapers or bills. He never helps with our children, and I'm forced to run around constantly on my own.

When, if for any reason he DOES watch our children, he lays on the couch and puts a movie on in their room. He doesn't really interact with them, period. He also told me while I was pregnant he didn't want the baby (our 3rd) and came close to refusing to sign the birth certificate (and, no, I didn't cheat. Fact is, he's just an asshole...)

If you're advice is to leave, how in the living hell do I get the strength? He says he'll trash the car if I take it and he refuses to leave our home when I've told him it was over. He Just. Won't. Leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I love my daughters father more than I love my husband. What should I do? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Both of ours. Unfortunately, we have no money saved up.

Thank you for your advice. I'll definitely be making a change, soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, no you're not whining! You're simply asking for advice. 

Who's house is the name under? You should take some money out, go to a lawyer and get some legal advice. But, you should pack up and go to a family members house, friends, a woman's shelter. If you can, get a job or go on financial aid for now. Get yourself out of there. Stand up for yourself. You only have one life to live, so don't waste it on someone who doesn't respect you and trys to control you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been trying for almost three years to fix this. Some stupid part of me insists on trying, for the kids, but I know deep down I am doing more damage to them. In the end, I truly feel like us splitting up will be for the best.

But I'm terrified of doing it alone. And I've tried kicking him out. He won't leave. I've been thinking of packing up his belongings and dropping them off at his parent's house. I thought that might be just the kick in the butt he needs. I'm just straight up scared.

I almost feel like I still love him, but I can't even tell anymore. Sorry if I'm whining. I've been very confused about this for a long time.

Quoting Anonymous:

First of all, I'm really sorry you had to go through this. 

From the info you gave me, yes I do think that you should leave. He seems like he belittles you quite a bit, and isn't respectful of yours or the kids needs. He also sounds very controlling. But, that is just my opinion from the info you gave me.  

Are you ready to leave tho? Like 110%, or is a part of you still wanting to work through this? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Should I leave my DH? We've been together for almost 6 years and have children together. I am currently a SAHM. He is mean to me on a daily basis, calls me names every day . He later apologizes, but he still continues to do it.

Also, he does this in front of our children. He is rarely, if ever, home. Not cheating, but always working on his stupid projects. He gets money and blows it before paying for diapers or bills. He never helps with our children, and I'm forced to run around constantly on my own.

When, if for any reason he DOES watch our children, he lays on the couch and puts a movie on in their room. He doesn't really interact with them, period. He also told me while I was pregnant he didn't want the baby (our 3rd) and came close to refusing to sign the birth certificate (and, no, I didn't cheat. Fact is, he's just an asshole...)

If you're advice is to leave, how in the living hell do I get the strength? He says he'll trash the car if I take it and he refuses to leave our home when I've told him it was over. He Just. Won't. Leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM

No, I don't think you were wrong. 

Why is he so jealous? Did you do something to break his trust?
What does he want at night? Some attention, sex, cuddling?   

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok my turn please:)
My husband is getting upset with me b/c he thinks I'm ignoring him at night, is he right?
This has happened enough to make us argue a couple day's at a time.
I've been on a med that makes it difficult to go to the restroom(tmi) I know. So I've been taking something at night to fix this:) which means I must run to the girl's room at anytime. So lastnight I was in the bathroom a half hr he says. He thought he heard me talking on the phone in private on the other end of the house. I was not talking on my phone at all to anyone. I came back to our room when I was done and knew he might be upset because I was in bathroom to long. Sure enough, and because he thought I was talking privately also. So instead of having an argument about nothing, I decided not to talk. Something I do when I see an argument forming.
I think he's jealous or something or doesn't trust me. He often thinks I'm ignoring him when he doesn't have my full undivided attention while we're both in the house.....
Is it me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Best thing you can do is be completely honest with both of them. Do you want to leave your husband?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I don't just yet. If I tell my husband, he will leave me and I'm not sure if I want to get divorced yet. My daughters father already knows how I feel. The women on cafe mom said I'm having an emotional affair. I don't know what to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Best thing you can do is be completely honest with both of them. Do you want to leave your husband?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I am addicted to pain pills, how do I stop?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Yes, he wants all the above. Which I don't mind, really I don't, but he gets mad when I don't initiate sex. But we have it so often I've explained, it's hard to be in the mood more than that. But it's not just that, it's like he needs me with him, I mean I know he loves me. I love him too more than anyone I've loved before. And NO, I've never broken the trust or have I done anything to break it. We just argued about this last week. I don't know how to fix him being so clingy and him thinking he's being ignored

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is getting upset with me b/c he thinks I'm ignoring him at night, is he right?

I've been on a med that makes it difficult to go to the restroom(tmi) I know. So I've been taking something at night to fix this:) which means I must run to the girl's room at anytime. So lastnight I was in the bathroom a half hr he says. He thought he heard me talking on the phone in private on the other end of the house. I was not talking on my phone at all to anyone. I came back to our room when I was done and knew he might be upset because I was in bathroom to long. Sure enough, and because he thought I was talking privately also. So instead of having an argument about nothing, I decided not to talk. Something I do when I see an argument forming.

I think he's jealous or something or doesn't trust me. He often thinks I'm ignoring him when he doesn't have my full undivided attention while we're both in the house.....

Is it me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I did ask him today, if I would of given him a big ol hug and kiss last night when I came back into the room, would he of been ok? Would he of believed that I wasn't on the phone. He says yes, I said and if I was on the phone then what? I just don't get it b/c he's always so good to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, he wants all the above. Which I don't mind, really I don't, but he gets mad when I don't initiate sex. But we have it so often I've explained, it's hard to be in the mood more than that. But it's not just that, it's like he needs me with him, I mean I know he loves me. I love him too more than anyone I've loved before. And NO, I've never broken the trust or have I done anything to break it. We just argued about this last week. I don't know how to fix him being so clingy and him thinking he's being ignored

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:14 AM

You are having an emotional affair, and it isn't fair to your husband. You read those vows, and promised to be faithful, truthful, etc. Go and talk to your husband about it, and if he leaves you, so be it. At least you were honest with him and yourself. You can't live like that. It isn't fair to you, your daughter, or the men in your life. Be 100% honest with yourself, him, and the ex. Why aren't you ready to leave?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't just yet. If I tell my husband, he will leave me and I'm not sure if I want to get divorced yet. My daughters father already knows how I feel. The women on cafe mom said I'm having an emotional affair. I don't know what to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)