Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

STUPID PTSD Prayers Please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

I so wish those in the military were more comfortable seeking help for PTSD/depression.  Heck I wish more people in general were comfortable seeking help for their mental health issues!

My DH just had to rush out bc one of his soldier's tried to kill herself :(

I am sitting here praying that she is going to be ok, that her husband is strong enough to handle this & that if she is ok she finally gets the help she needs!

Hoping I can stay awake until my DH gets home, it is never easy when a fellow soldier is hurt no matter how it happens.

EDIT: Can I please get prayers or good thoughts for this soldier, she needs help in so many ways & right now this is the least I could do :(

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I hope she will be ok : (  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I hate not knowing anything.  I know many think it isn't any of my business & it really isn't, but she's come to some of the FRG meetings & coffees & of course I know her through my DH & get togethers my DH & I have put together.  I really like her :)

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I hope she will be ok : (  

lilmama31781
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Me too
EMSAmanda83
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM

My husband refused help for two year due to his perception of how he would be treated at work. I told him he'd be fine and he was right. He is treated like shit and accused of making it up....and worse. A major symptom of PTSD is denial....another is that people are out to get you. It is very hard for a PTSD sufferer to actually reach out and get help. It is not that soldier's fault. I wish people who don't understand the condition would make the effort to learn more about it. It sucks that it means your dh is away from you taking care of his soldier, but if he is an NCO, that's life. Please research it....if your DH stays in the army he is at risk for it. Oh and thank your lucky stars he doesn't now.....cause life in my house is hell......

EMSAmanda83
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM

My post sounds rude......don't take it that way......not meant to be.....just perspective from the other side

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Why are you jumping on me?

First off all his unit stresses getting help, does not frown upon it or hold it against the soldier.

Second of all I completely understand PTSD as I suffer from it myself I don't need to research anything.

I never said it was the soldiers fault.

I am not & did not even bitch that my DH is not here, he is not an NCO he is an Officer.  He is the this soldiers Commander.  I have no issue that he is gone & no where in my post did I bitch that he is gone.

You also have no idea what my DH has, he has a small case of PTSD so thank you but there is no researching needed in this home.

Quoting EMSAmanda83:

My husband refused help for two year due to his perception of how he would be treated at work. I told him he'd be fine and he was right. He is treated like shit and accused of making it up....and worse. A major symptom of PTSD is denial....another is that people are out to get you. It is very hard for a PTSD sufferer to actually reach out and get help. It is not that soldier's fault. I wish people who don't understand the condition would make the effort to learn more about it. It sucks that it means your dh is away from you taking care of his soldier, but if he is an NCO, that's life. Please research it....if your DH stays in the army he is at risk for it. Oh and thank your lucky stars he doesn't now.....cause life in my house is hell......

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM

bumps

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Really no prayers or anything for this soldier?  I feel horrible & wish there was something I could do :(

sunangel803
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Unfortunately, there's still a stigma attached to getting help for mental illness, in many career areas. It's better than it used to be, but it's far from being as accepted as a physical illness, like diabete, asthma, etc.

I hope the soldier gets the help she needs.
EMSAmanda83
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Wow who is jumping on who? Looks like you skipped what I posted RIGHT below....smh

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you jumping on me?

First off all his unit stresses getting help, does not frown upon it or hold it against the soldier.

Second of all I completely understand PTSD as I suffer from it myself I don't need to research anything.

I never said it was the soldiers fault.

I am not & did not even bitch that my DH is not here, he is not an NCO he is an Officer.  He is the this soldiers Commander.  I have no issue that he is gone & no where in my post did I bitch that he is gone.

You also have no idea what my DH has, he has a small case of PTSD so thank you but there is no researching needed in this home.

Quoting EMSAmanda83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)