Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my friend has been a principal in a wealthy school district and in a middle class School District guess where he would rather send his children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
he said without question in the middle and lower class School District he said its because he thought it was more of true representation of the real world. he said the wealthy school had a bigger problem drugs because the kids are bored they have more access to money funds to buy drugs. he said that the lower income and middle class income schools for more racially diverse. and they all got along better. he said that the wealthier school there was the black table in the white table asian table in the lunch room and he did not see that in the middle class school. he said parents of the wealthy kids were not as involved in their kids life because they were so busy working to pay for all the stuff.
Thoughts???
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raine_Dance
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM
i think my deciding factor would be which school can give my child the best education. and im going to be completely honest, i was in elementary school in a low class school that was predominantly one race, not mine, then i went to a middle class school that was very diverse. i learned a hell of a lot better and a lot more in the middle class school where i wasnt bullied constantly and teachers hadnt lost interest in helping their students. while i havent been to an expensive school, i imagine it would be some sort of extreme on the spectrum just as the low class school is. i think hes smart picking the middle class school.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I'm not suprised.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM
My kids go to a more middle class income school, and so far its been wonderful. I would agree with him
christina0607
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I picked my childrens school based on the education they would receive, not it's representation of the world. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM

My kids go to the lowest of income school.  I hated it at first but since meeting with the Principal I know that my children are learning and being challenged all within an extremely diverse environment...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine go where they will get the best education. That is the only thing I consider. My kids are not used as a sociology experiment.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I taught in a low income school and a very wealthy one. Omg! I would never send my kids to this particular wealthy school. These kids and parents were truly horrible people. If you ever watch Princesses of Long Island, that is who I was teaching. Total nightmare.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
My dd's last school was in a very poor district but their score was really high. She went there because it was literally 2 minutes from my office.
TheSilence
by Remember Me on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Um school isn't about any of that stuff. School is about education. All that other stuff is just extra fluff.
Wealthier school districts tend to have better teachers. I would send my child to a wealthier school because education, not socializing, is the most important thing!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM

The school official I know wishes he could send his kids to PRIVATE, but won't because if his image.

Better education in smaller classrooms. That's a fact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)