Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're divorced...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
What was the last straw....and how did it go in court?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Bump
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM

The last straw was seeing my toddler son act just like his dad, and realizing I didn't want him to think it was OK to treat a woman like his dad did, and I didn't want my daughter to think it was ok for a man to treat her the way her dad treated me. No issues with the divorce.

hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM
He took my name off the bank accounts that we shared and my checks were being direct deposited into....and basically wanted me to be 100% uninformed of the finances. I'm no 40's wife . we went to court. He doesn't pay child support..and we are friends and better parents seperated
Short_cake88
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM

When I told DH I felt like his roommate and he gave exactly 0 fucks, so I cheated and he found out. Funny how he started to care then. We both decided on a divorce and used the same lawyer. Never went a day in court. We agreed I'd have primary custody of dd and we each had a vehicle and agreed on who'd get what belongings.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Our sondied and he took to drinking. It was a quick quiet divorce.
dreamfuzz
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM

The last straw for me was finding out my ex was seeing another woman.  I couldn't abide the idea of being with someone who lied to me so much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Walking in on him fooling around on our couch with my so called friend with ouf two children and her two children asleep in the same room.
Pretty good :) I Got more then I asked for plus the car that's paid off and the house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:47 AM
My soon to be ex is manipulative and a pain in my ass. He has already told me he will make the divorce messy and unbearable. I have 2 dd that I would prefer him not to get visitation of because I don't trust his ass alone with them.
pm4k
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM

He was physically and emotionally abusive towards me the whole time we were married (15 months). The final straw was when he came home and threatened to hurt our newborn because he was crying. I waited till he went to work the next day..packed a bag for me and my son and went to my parents' home. We went to court--had a judge that thought men were mistreated---and was willing to give him anything he wanted. He told the judge I was a good mother so I got physical custody and he got visitation rights. Child support was a joke---he only paid when he got papers from the court saying I was taking him to court for nonpayment--it was all a big joke to him. He only got what he had before we got married and a few items his family had bought at our wedding shower---everything else was mine before we got married. After court when our divorce was finalized, I went out to lunch to celebrate being out of a horrible marriage. 

Sj218
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM
When he said, for the third time, that I was never anything more than an obligation and he wanted a divorce. I finally quit fighting to save the marriage and said ok. We handled everything in mediation. He wanted very limited visitation, pays cs, I was awarded spousal support and an equalization judgement. He kept the house, we divided the debt and that was that. It was hard and painful and awful at the time, but looking back, it all worked out pretty well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)