Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're divorced...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What was the last straw....and how did it go in court?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Years of sexual manipulation, him posting personal ads, being a shitty father. ..

But the final straw was him not coming to the birth of our youngest. Eff that. Divorce went well once he became obsessed with a new chick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I'm so sorry. That is a lot of loss and disappointment to have to bear. I hope things are going well for you now.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Our sondied and he took to drinking. It was a quick quiet divorce.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I'm so sorry :(

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Our sondied and he took to drinking. It was a quick quiet divorce.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Did any of you have to use legal aid or a pro-bono lawyer?
Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM

We are not divorced yet but I guess the straw was finding out yet again he was doing drugs.He would do good for a year or two and then screw up again.This last time was it for me.He only got as many chances as he did because we have been together for 25 years.I am so much happier without him around.

.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Last straw: after everything he put me through during our marriage he left me in a hotel room on my birthday/ anniversary in laungery waiting for him then finally found him at 4 am doing drugs with his friends.

Now he wasn't a drug user normally. Maybe once a year but this was the absolute last straw. I was done being out last. Not only last but not placing at all.

After that I went to my parents for the summer with ds then moved back to NYC packed our shit and moved cross country. I went to counseling before for years and tried it after but at that point I was DONE. I couldn't move past everything he did to me.

Court. Well we always agreed no attorneys. So we mediated for over a year!!! It was crazy and hard but we finally reached an agreement. Something we could both live with that wa more or less fair for both.

Anyway we are now best friends and amazing coparents. We literally work way better now. We work together and only focus on ds. For us this worked.

I actually haven't shared my story on here at all. I've protected my exs reputation and my own for fear i would get bashed. So please if you're gonna quote anon take it easy on me. I have been through the hardest two years of my life and I've worked so hard to get here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM

He's the one that asked for a divorce, it was because he had fallen in love with a 17 year old, who was pregnant with her 2nd child- 2 baby daddies at 17 says a lot huh? He ended up getting dumped by her and found a 19 year old that thought he was god. They are still together 2 years later and have a daughter and live in the house that was meant for me, him and our 3 little boys. Court took over a year to end. We had a custody battle and had to wait even longer because he went and told his lawyer that i was pregnant, and in my state if you're married you have to wait until dna is established in order to proceed with a divorce. He got the house and our only car. While I had to move in with my parents for 9 months. Finally after 2 years apart, almost to the exact date we are divorced.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
He was abusive. We divorced while he was overseas. We didnt go to court.
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:19 AM

No mediation is the way to go...  Rather than war you compromise.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Did any of you have to use legal aid or a pro-bono lawyer?

You know you want it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)