Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Leaving my husband...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How do u tell your husband that you want to separate for a while so you can see if you want to be with your daughters father without him knowing the real reason you want to separate? 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You Either tell the truth or divorce him now. Separating to see if you want to be with another man is pretty low. Id divorce my husband in a second if he got together (even for a one night stand) with his son's mother- separated or not. Your current dh deserves to know the truth and decide for himself. Honestly, he deserves better than you. Do him a favor and just file for divorce.

cleigh717
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
This is the only solution if u dont want him to know. R u looking for permission? Get a divorce and then get with your ex if u want to. Dont start a new relationship before the other one has ended.

Quoting over40bride:

Lie

daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Just tell him. Be honest.

Are you wanting to try and work things out with your dd's father for your dd's benefit, or because you still having feelings for him?

Amybelle

like he's not going to figure it out??? People LOVE to share bad news...he'll know about it before you get out the door on your first "date"

LadyVoldemort
1 mom liked this

tumblr m9uzoejIvv1rw9er3

adorkablemommie
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM

You can always lie however i'm sure he'll figure it out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM

You're married and think you want to be with your daughter's father?  Kind of something you should have figured out before you married.

Why are you just now considering this?

bellawomen
by Summer on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

How about you just not be a coward?

Let him know you are confused and instead of cheating need time to sort out your feelings.

Don't expect him to wait for you - especially if you lie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I can't say it's for my daughters benefit because I have children with my husband to worry about too

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Just tell him. Be honest.

Are you wanting to try and work things out with your dd's father for your dd's benefit, or because you still having feelings for him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Why didn't things work out between you and your daughters father? Were you married to him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)