Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am thinking about quitting my job.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I am a nanny and have been working with the family for about six months now. The youngest child is in the 1st grade, the middle child is in the 4th grade, and the oldest is in the 6th grade.

When I first came here the 1st grader was terrified of people, the 4th grader was still wetting the bed/pooping his pants, and the 6th grader was fairly.... emotionally unstable? Right after I moved in I started taking interest in the 4th grader and he stopped pooping/peeing on himself (I thought he was doing it for attention), the 1st grader LOVES to socialize with people and is very sweet and friendly. The 6th grader is hilarious!

They have an older sister and she is, for lack of a better word, a bitch. I think she is the reason that the kids were this way (I have known the parents my whole life, they are kind, loving people).

When I first moved in the older sister banned me from seeing the children except when I needed to take care of them. I wasnt allowed to play football, video games, or anything like that with them. Because of her we were barely allowed to speak!

She screams at the childen for EVERYTHING! They arent allowed to be inside when the parents are home (she locks everyone out), she screams at them for playing soccor (or any sport), laying on the ground, getting their clothes dirty, exploring, building club houses, riding their bikes, laughing, playing, they have to stay in front of the house where she can watch them out of the window. We are talking some petty shit.

Although I love the children to death I think I want to quit. Big sister is a dictator and the parents allow her to walk all over everyone because they have said something to her multiple times and she still feels the need to boss everyone around. She.even tries to tell me what to do. She is a bully who has nothing else to do with her time (she doesnt work, doesnt have any friends, and is home 99% of the time. She is 23 years old).

I honestly wish I wasnt fed up with her.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Do you think talking to the parents will help in any way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM

The 23 year old needs to be tossed out on her ass and the parents need the shit slapped out of them for allowing this to go on.

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Be VERY frank with the parents, maybe take them out to dinner and, I'd possible, record some of the abuse. Suggest counseling and good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:20 AM
I have before, they talked to her and she stopped for about a week or so. The problem is that the dad is never home (he works 2 shifts, 3rd and 2nd) and the Mom is afraid to MAKE her stop.

Quoting NanaMomo:

Do you think talking to the parents will help in any way?

JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Geez, it sounds like those poor kids need you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I agree with her needing to be tossed out, but they wont do that because the 23 year old has a DD and they are afraid they arent going to see her anymore if they toss her mom out.

Quoting csxt99:

The 23 year old needs to be tossed out on her ass and the parents need the shit slapped out of them for allowing this to go on.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I'd risk it anyway.  She is a tyrant that needs to go!  She is damaging her younger siblings, so yes, I would risk the loss of the grandkid to secure the safety and well being of my three younger children.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with her needing to be tossed out, but they wont do that because the 23 year old has a DD and they are afraid they arent going to see her anymore if they toss her mom out.

Quoting csxt99:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM
if you're thinking about quitting, why not stand up to her? I would...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Oh, I do. I got into a verbal fght with her because I told her to "back the fuck off" when she was screaming at the children when they wanted to build a fort in the woods (with my supervision of course). I stand up to her most, if not all of the time. Even my DH (who lives here also) has said something to her.

Quoting Anonymous:

if you're thinking about quitting, why not stand up to her? I would...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:35 AM
I dont know why they dont want to risk it, they could technically get custody of the child because the 23 year old doesnt care for the child financially or emtionally at least 95% of the time. It wouldnt be hard to prove her unfit. Hell, if you ask her where the child is she couldnt tell you (and most of the time the girl is doing something bad).

Quoting csxt99:

I'd risk it anyway.  She is a tyrant that needs to go!  She is damaging her younger siblings, so yes, I would risk the loss of the grandkid to secure the safety and well being of my three younger children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting csxt99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN