Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

period... help

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:20 AM
  • 14 Replies
Since I had lo#2 I can't go anywhere on cycle day 1 like 8-12 hours after she is first spotted I go thru a tampon every hour 2 if its the crazy big ones which hurt to put in... but what do I do when I go to bed? So far I've tried towles... I move too much and super tampons I've ruined the bed :(
Pads are super uncomfortable
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Depends. No joke. I used them with my first pp period. Everytime I moved I could feel blood gushing and called my mom thinking I was going to bleed to death.
plumbobtoggle
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:23 AM

That's too much! You need to see your doc! In the meantime you could try some of those disposabe bedwetting pads that stick to the sheet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Use puppy pee pads to protect your bed and get up after a few hours to change your tampon and pad.
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Quoting LaughCryLive:

Depends. No joke. I used them with my first pp period. Everytime I moved I could feel blood gushing and called my mom thinking I was going to bleed to death.
I agree...Walmart brand are cheaper and more absorbent though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:25 AM

What the first 2 suggested.  Good luck.   I had horrible bleeding and it was an actual infection not a period.  I was lucky that home nurse spotted something wasnt right in my demeanor and energy.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Idk. My mattress pad looks like a crime scene.

mama232011
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM
The rest of my period is super light... I bleed just about as much volume as before just way more in the beginning and barely any in the end

Quoting plumbobtoggle:

That's too much! You need to see your doc! In the meantime you could try some of those disposabe bedwetting pads that stick to the sheet.

mama232011
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Thank god I'm not alone I'm only really worried about ruining my new heated bed warmer

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Idk. My mattress pad looks like a crime scene.

horseap
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Get a pack of the sticky night pads for potty training?

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I have had super heavy periods after childbirth. I used to have nice little four day period but after kids I feel like I am bleeding to death. I fill up my Diva cup in about one to two hours on the first day. Try getting the puppy pee pads. I stole some from my work and put them in between my sheets and mattress when I was pregnant just in case my water broke. They are really absorbent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)