Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do divorced parents have the right to dictate food eaten in the others house?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 378 Replies

SOs ex sent him a long e-mail listing what the kids could and could not eat.  These kids are 10 and 8.  She said she has been doing research and has put the kids on a diet.  Here is her list....no red meat, no fried food, no bottom feeder fish, no pork, only organic veggies, only organic dairy, no candy, no sweets, no soda, and nothing processed.  ABSOLUTELY NO FAST FOOD, PIZZA, or any of that.

Now we are pretty healthy eaters.  We always make sure the kids have a balanced meal.  We do a lot of veggies, a lot of chicken, and a lot of fish.  But on Fridays we always have pizza.  The kids look forward to it.  Now....our kids are weird...they don't like regular pizza.  Mine eats chicken and spinach on wheat crust with roma tomatos and goat cheese.  His both like mushroom and peppers.

So I really don't think she can tell us what to feed the kids...but what do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM
14 moms liked this
Nope it's a control tactic. I wouldn't dare tell my ex-husband what to feed our son and vice versa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM
10 moms liked this
No, she can't control anything that goes on in your home unless it's court ordered.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM
4 moms liked this

i would have had him send back a long list of things she needs to do in order for the courts to agree to that diet in your house

KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM
6 moms liked this

They are on your time and they should eat what you give them. I mean she isn't buying the groceries in your house... if she wants them to eat a certain way then she needs to pack them meals for the days they are with you. I can understand if they are obese and she doesn't want them to have the sweets, but I would feed them what you want them have when they are with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM
18 moms liked this
Get em tested for allergies, then tell her to go fuck herself, because that's only the list you're gonna work from.

When she pays your bills, she can dictate what you eat.

Also pizza can be healthy in moderation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Not unless its for health reasons. In which case both parents should be fully on board with out one having to dictate.
My dd is on a no processed sugar (basically means she can't eat anything) diet ordered by the dr. My ex doesn't really follow it. He thinks because I give her cookies (homemade that have no processed sugar) he can give her oreos. Smh...
Anyway nope your house your rules.
SyllabaryBisque
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Believe me, she doesn't have the right, or I would have tried it ages ago. My son does nothing but play video games that are waaaay above what he should be playing at six while he's with his father. I can't do a single thing about it...

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Nope she can't. My fiancé's ex does something similar and I just roll my eyes, this is a lady who tells is nothing but organic but she feeds the kids fast food every single day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MythrylHavoc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this
If shes not paying the grocery bill and its not an allergy issue or in the Co forget that mess.
zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM
No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)