Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whats wrong with your kid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
2 moms liked this

why are so many young children diagnosed with such horrific conditions at such young ages??  How does a 7yr old suffer from PTSD raised by the same parents since birth?  How is a 4 yr old bipolar?     Why are so many kids nowadays tactile sensitive or adhd or  delayed somehow in the preschool years?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tairy-Hesticles
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
4 moms liked this
What's worse are parents that are so quick to give their kids medication.
Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids were diagnosed with Autism long before it was cool. (yay me?)They also apparently have bratitis and whinealot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM

LOL--bratitis and whinealot

Quoting Sinistercookie:

My kids were diagnosed with Autism long before it was cool. (yay me?)They also apparently have bratitis and whinealot.

mariesmama
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM

my 4 yr old has ehlers danlos,sensory processing disorder and some kind of language disorder its either auditory processing disorder or expressive language disorder they arent sure which

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Who knows? My ds is profoundly autistic, nonverbal, severely dd, and has severe sensory disorder. I don't worry so much about why he has this as much as I worry about the things we can do to improve his life and future independence.
TheDoctorsWife
DS is in counciling in for anger management. No diagnosis.
TatyBear
4 moms liked this
Its nothing new. Just the awareness and resources are more well known then 15-20 plus years.

Sure some kids get over diagnosed on certain things, but that happens everywhere from time to time.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM

We have some, but a lot fewer in Quebec compared to the US. But, it seems to be rising. I think a lot of factors come in.

more ddaycare, more chemicals, GM food, more vaccines, wifi everywhere...too much for some bodies to handle.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM

while I do think severe ailments are over-diagnosed in children, I also believe it's because we have better diagnostic tools and physicians and psychologists who are better trained to recognize the signs and symptoms

also, the dsm is constantly being updated with new disorders, and additional information and studies can only be helpful

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM
3 moms liked this
I think a lot of normal behavior is now diagnosed. I think that a lot of things in our environment cause disorders.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)