Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Be honest... Is being a SAHM a luxury ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Replies (21-30):
eztwins
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
8 moms liked this
Being a sahm is a luxury...it's just not luxurious.
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
For me it is!
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
4 moms liked this
Depends on the situation. Some mothers would love, and need, to work, but they can't afford it. Others like myself chose to stay at home because we don't need 2 incomes.
You can do the same thing with working moms. Some chose to work, even though the income is not needed. Others are forced to work because they can't afford not to.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Yes, I'm thankful I am able too and so is DH.

goddess99
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM

It is for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM

It is IMO but some days it feels like a curse...

strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess that really depends upon the person. To some, staying home with the kids is their dream abd would be a luxury, to others it's their nightmare lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Same for me too. However it is not for a friend of mine. Due to one of her kids' health issues it is ot of necessity. It is far from a luxury for them. Her child is very high maintenance health wise and she is always exhausted. I know she would not change it for the world and she never complains. She is such a strong woman and good mother.

Quoting NeverTooMany:

For me it is. I get to stay in my home, comfortably, and do what I enjoy. Caring for my kids, cooking, baking, cleaning ( yes I enjoy cleaning)... doing my crafts, volunteering where I want etc. My husband has blessed me with this opportunity to be the parent and mother that i want to be.

NeverTooMany
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM

awww. I can only imagine! That would be hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same for me too. However it is not for a friend of mine. Due to one of her kids' health issues it is ot of necessity. It is far from a luxury for them. Her child is very high maintenance health wise and she is always exhausted. I know she would not change it for the world and she never complains. She is such a strong woman and good mother.

Quoting NeverTooMany:

For me it is. I get to stay in my home, comfortably, and do what I enjoy. Caring for my kids, cooking, baking, cleaning ( yes I enjoy cleaning)... doing my crafts, volunteering where I want etc. My husband has blessed me with this opportunity to be the parent and mother that i want to be.

Happy Fall!!!!

axy
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I thind it depends. Id like to go to work, but we cant afford daycare for the lo, and before and after school care for the older ones
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN