Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Be honest... Is being a SAHM a luxury ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Replies (531-537):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Well if I were you, I'd chill out. Just a suggestion.
I am clear on the fact that your statement wasn't made in your first post, but you still said it and therefore I commented on it. Don't like it? Well skip my post. Very simple since no one asked for your input to begin with ;) (you like how I did that there? lol) 

Quoting snowball01201:

Go back and read my original post, NO WHERE in that comment did I compare ANYONE! Miss stick up her ass is the one who made the comparison! Don't like what I have to say then skip it because I will not "chill out" when someone is coming at me like that! Don't like? Well skip my post! Very simple since no one asked for your input to begin with

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Actually, you said that working mothers get vacations that at-home mothers don't get. Those were your words. As far as the 'stick up her ass', well, I think YOU need to chill a little personally.

Quoting snowball01201:

I don't care what her point was! Like I said, I wasn't comparing sahm and working moms! I was simply answering the question that was asked. If she has a stick up her ass maybe then she needs to have it removed before trying to communicate with other people! 

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

The point she was making was that when working moms have time off from work, they're with their children. It's not a vacation from the kids, just like SAHMs don't often get vacation from the kids (though surely some mothers get away sans kids from time to time - sahm and wohm alike).

Quoting snowball01201:

Since you wanna pick apart my comment and be a bitch let me respond! Do you get vacation time from your job? Yup you sure do! SAHM's don't! You wanna be petty comparing we can, you can take your comment and shove it straight up your ASS! My comment wasn't comparing SAHM and working moms, I was answering the question OP asked! So yeah, go fuck yourself!

Quoting kaydence0207:

I get vacation? Because when I get home from a shitty day at work my children just disappear. That makes not an ounce of sense. SAHM's get to do things all day that have to wait for me when the kids are in bed (so I can spend time with them). Yeah... Fuck that.

Quoting snowball01201:When you're a sahm the only break you get is when the kiddos go to bed, You don't get days off or a vacation, hell you're lucky if you get to go to the bathroom alone! While I love being home with my son, I don't call that a luxury lol

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Thank you! xD Sorry it took me Forever to see this xD

Quoting amberlyp:

Lol I loved your answer:) so funny!!!

Quoting Sammi20:

Oh totally.. I love being a servant O.o

I may get to sit down and watch tv, but I never get to watch a whole show.. Not once!... I cook, I clean, I do laundry.. being a stay at home mom is like being a maid that will Never be fired.. So at least you have job assurance... You get paid in hugs and I love you's... but only having one bread winner in the family (DH) it makes for harder times. but with daycare costing as much as rent (Literally the exact same amount a month as my rent!) It's hard to want to pay all that money and only get a couple hundred (250 to be more specific) out of a second job... it's just not really worth it... It's better to be home and take care of what I made and raise her how I want her raised than to work and miss out on all of that or be afraid she's not getting cared for properly.

snowball01201
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Well you're NOT me! I will stand up for myself and I don't care WHO likes it and who doesn't! And actually dumbass since YOU commented on MY post I DO have every right to comment so YOUR copy and paste comment makes no sense! Get a clue!

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

I am clear on the fact that your statement wasn't made in your first post, but you still said it and therefore I commented on it. Don't like it? Well skip my post. Very simple since no one asked for your input to begin with ;) (you like how I did that there? lol) 

Quoting snowball01201:

Go back and read my original post, NO WHERE in that comment did I compare ANYONE! Miss stick up her ass is the one who made the comparison! Don't like what I have to say then skip it because I will not "chill out" when someone is coming at me like that! Don't like? Well skip my post! Very simple since no one asked for your input to begin with

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Actually, you said that working mothers get vacations that at-home mothers don't get. Those were your words. As far as the 'stick up her ass', well, I think YOU need to chill a little personally.

Quoting snowball01201:

I don't care what her point was! Like I said, I wasn't comparing sahm and working moms! I was simply answering the question that was asked. If she has a stick up her ass maybe then she needs to have it removed before trying to communicate with other people! 

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

The point she was making was that when working moms have time off from work, they're with their children. It's not a vacation from the kids, just like SAHMs don't often get vacation from the kids (though surely some mothers get away sans kids from time to time - sahm and wohm alike).

Quoting snowball01201:

Since you wanna pick apart my comment and be a bitch let me respond! Do you get vacation time from your job? Yup you sure do! SAHM's don't! You wanna be petty comparing we can, you can take your comment and shove it straight up your ASS! My comment wasn't comparing SAHM and working moms, I was answering the question OP asked! So yeah, go fuck yourself!

Quoting kaydence0207:

I get vacation? Because when I get home from a shitty day at work my children just disappear. That makes not an ounce of sense. SAHM's get to do things all day that have to wait for me when the kids are in bed (so I can spend time with them). Yeah... Fuck that.

Quoting snowball01201:When you're a sahm the only break you get is when the kiddos go to bed, You don't get days off or a vacation, hell you're lucky if you get to go to the bathroom alone! While I love being home with my son, I don't call that a luxury lol

Rust.n.Gears
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Usually I think it is
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM

lol what? you are one crazy biotch :)

Quoting snowball01201:

Well you're NOT me! I will stand up for myself and I don't care WHO likes it and who doesn't! And actually dumbass since YOU commented on MY post I DO have every right to comment so YOUR copy and paste comment makes no sense! Get a clue!

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Quoting snowball01201:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Quoting snowball01201:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Quoting snowball01201:

Quoting kaydence0207:

snowball01201
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM

If common sense makes me a crazy biotch then I will take it! :-)

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

lol what? you are one crazy biotch :)

Quoting snowball01201:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Quoting snowball01201:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Quoting snowball01201:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Quoting snowball01201:

Quoting kaydence0207:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM
That is not an option for everyone. I am glad it is for you. But, again, the money issue. I made some bad choices fresh out of high school. On my own for tje first time ever... no clue how the world works... and it kicks me in the butt every day. Going back to school is not an option... so... the jobs I seem to be able to get don't pay enough to cover yhr expenses that me working creates... So DH works, I stay home with DD, and life is good.

Quoting Anonymous:

A Degree in something that makes money..that's how to make enough money more than High school education

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't consider it a luxury... I am blessed to be able to be home withy lo, but we have also figured out costs and it is not worth the cost of daycare, a second car, and the additional expenses that it would take for me to work. I just do not understand how on earth 2parents can work before a child is in school and really make much additional money!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)