Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

[EDIT] Did you have an elective c-section/induction?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why? Do you regret it?

I had an induction at 41+1 and wonder if I should have waited...but I know waiting too long can be risky. He was born at 8lb 10oz and 21.5 inches with no delivery interventions except epi.

I know someone who had an elective c-section at 37 weeks and there was no convincing her otherwise.

EDIT:Those of you saying you know when you conceived..thats not true. You dont know when you ovulated and even if you did...you dont know when fertilization and implantation took place...you could still be off by up to 2 weeks. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
Serenity1613
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

This was me, to the exact T!

Quoting Lucas9933:

I was going to be induced on 41 weeks 1 day by my choice. But my son decided to ome on his own the day before my induction thankfully!! But I would never want a c-section ever!!!

erica19791
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I was induced at 39weeks because I have a heart condition. I needed an emergency c-section although 5 hours into it because she decided to do her hand out and the doc was worried about nerve damage.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Because my 1st delivery was an emergency c-section, and they had to cut me vertically  instead of horizontally, both my other 2 were elective c-sections. And, frankly, after 21 hours labor with the 1st, I was not arguing. And, no, I don't regret them. Glad to have gotten it over.

miss_AP
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I was induced with my first at 42+3. I was zero dilated but the baby had dropped, just not near enough. She ended up coming via emergency csection about 18-20 hours later. Her heart rate dropped lower and lower and lower with every contraction, even without the pitocin. She couldn't handle the birth (knowing her now...that is NO surprise, lol). I wanted to labor without the pitocin for awhile but my contractions would wean off and slow to practically nothing, and I wouldn't dilate. And no, the due date was spot on because my exh and I had so little sex i knew the exact day sex was had. She had great apgars.

I had an elective csection with my second, though I reall struggled with wanting a VBAC. I talked to a LOT of doctors.....I ended up scheduling the csection at 41+4, hoping I would go into labor on my own. Again, I knew the exact date of sex that resulted in the pregnancy so....

my doctor plus the OB both were doubtful I would go into labor......they had a similar theory I agree with just based on my own anecdotal evidence: If the problem for csection/indcution lies with the baby, a VBAC is often successful, it seems these are most of the situations. But if the problem leading to csection/induction lies with mom....that doesn't change like the baby does and its likely to occur again. No, no research or anything, just their observations in both of their practices. Makes sense. If I would have been anywhere close to transition or pushing with my first, they would've continued to monitor the heart rate and hopefully get her out. But after 20 hours I was only at a 4........I had zero signs of labor with the second either....and it happens where a woman's body just can't for whatever reason labor. If I meet someone and we decide to have another, I might give the vbac a go, I'm already 5 years out of my last csection so well and healed. But.....we'll see.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM
No and no
Lucas9933
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yeah my water broke at 2:20am and pushed for 45 mins he was out at 11:45. They said they think he was 2 weeks late but by my ultrasound he was 1 week late

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

No, and I never would. Baby will decide when she is ready just as our older DD did.

LadyAmaranth
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I had an induction with my first for medical reasons....just a week early.

Ended up with a quick c/section. I had repeats after that.

No regrets whatsoever.

Lilfootmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I scheduled to be induced the monday after my due date if I didnt go into labor before then. I ended up going into labor the night of the day I scheduled my induction. I still ended up needing pitocin and no I dont regret it
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I know when I ovulate. I get those lovely pains on one side or the other and extra discharge down there. So yes some can tell when they ovulate. As for when I conceived. Nope that I could not tell you. But I can bet it was around a few days around that time.

Just putting that out there. But I have even been induced or a c-sections. Only way you will see me have either is if there is medical reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured