Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gender bending Halloween...

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you seen this?

Would you be on the side of the Mothers saying that boys SHOULD NOT dress in a Princess costume. And girls SHOULD NOT dress in boys costumes. 

Or

Are you on the side of Mothers/People saying that it doesn't matter. Let them dress however they want.

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I say let them dress how they want.

bakerytreatz16
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I think it's Halloween, it shouldn't matter if the costume is for a boy or a girl. Plenty of adults dress up in costumes of the opposite sex...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Phoenix.Fire
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Let them dress in whatever they want to. Its halloween, not sunday dinner.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this

here's my son's costume.

Considering he is dressing up as Danica Patrick, a female driver, I think that might answer how I feel about it ;) I did try talking him into being a pit crew member instead cause she's a suckbum driver but he wants to be Danica so. ..Danica he shall be. I'm only embarrassed that he likes such a horrible driver ;)

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not want my boy, especially one over the age of 5 or 6, dressing in a frilly princess dress.  Anything neutral is fine for anyone, of course. 

I mean....why? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going to say this loud and clear.........WEARING A DRESS DOESN'T MAKE YOU GAY...............

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

He still just looks like a racecar driver.  Pretty neutral, I'd say.

He's a cutie. 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

here's my son's costume.

Considering he is dressing up as Danica Patrick, a female driver, I think that might answer how I feel about it ;) I did try talking him into being a pit crew member instead cause she's a suckbum driver but he wants to be Danica so. ..Danica he shall be. I'm only embarrassed that he likes such a horrible driver ;)

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

no i'd let my son be whatever. my ds is 6 and currently obsessed with my little pony he hasn't expressed a want to dress up as mlp but if he did i'd let him.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Ok.  No one said that.  You are the only one saying it.

It still isn't something to promote. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am going to say this loud and clear.........WEARING A DRESS DOESN'T MAKE YOU GAY...............

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM

yeah i think so but Patrick is a FEMALE driver so I've been told he should NOT dress up as a female driver. i might make him gay or some rubbish like that :)

Quoting TranquilMind: 

He still just looks like a racecar driver.  Pretty neutral, I'd say.

He's a cutie. 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

here's my son's costume.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)