Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DF says you don't contribute!

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 137 Replies
Okay so I had an argument the other night with my df. Before we met I was a single mom of a 8 month old and a 3 1/2 year old girls. The reason I was single was I lost my husband to a car accident while I was 5 months pregnant and had a 2 year old. So I received survivors social security for me and my two girls. I have also always been a stay at home mom since my first daughter was born. So he knew this when we first met that I was a stay at home mom. Well he started a new job about a year ago and it caused us to move 2,450 miles away from home and family. His work pays for our $2000 a month rent since we are out of state and he makes around $8000 a month. I also get SS so we are not hurting for money. All we have is a car note, insurance, cell phone, cable bill, and food to pay for. But he wanted to tell me that I don't help contribute but yet I pay for the car note, cell phone, and insurance, and cable bill (for his mother since its at our house in the other state. I couldnt shut it off since we are in contract and its only $100 a month) and every now and then I might ask him to help pay the car insurance or cell phone bill. Not to mention I also cook, clean, and take care of the kids but yet im not contributing!! How should I approach him about this. Everytime I want to talk about something he doesnt because he doesnt like to argue. I feel like im not being appreciated :(
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet2413
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Bump!

ladybugchar
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Quit doing it all for him?
poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a serious talk is in order.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Punch him in the balls?  I don't know.  Sounds like he is taking you for granted.

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM
11 moms liked this

I think it's pretty clear, he doesn't want to support astay at home girlfriend and her two kids.

Maybe you need to rethink things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM
8 moms liked this
He makes 8k and u have to contribute? Where the hell is his money going?
paintitblack0
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Does not make sense. How could he said that? To me sounds like your pulling ur own weight. Is he upset about something else?  Maybe ur education? 

larissa5512
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Wow, by the prices of everything including rent it sounds like your in the bakken.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
6 moms liked this

I would never move almost 2500 miles away with someone I wasn't married to. Especially when he was gonna treat you like this.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM
4 moms liked this

He doesn't see a long term future with you. Cut him loose, go back to where your family is and raise your children like you were doing before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)