Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DF says you don't contribute!

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay so I had an argument the other night with my df. Before we met I was a single mom of a 8 month old and a 3 1/2 year old girls. The reason I was single was I lost my husband to a car accident while I was 5 months pregnant and had a 2 year old. So I received survivors social security for me and my two girls. I have also always been a stay at home mom since my first daughter was born. So he knew this when we first met that I was a stay at home mom. Well he started a new job about a year ago and it caused us to move 2,450 miles away from home and family. His work pays for our $2000 a month rent since we are out of state and he makes around $8000 a month. I also get SS so we are not hurting for money. All we have is a car note, insurance, cell phone, cable bill, and food to pay for. But he wanted to tell me that I don't help contribute but yet I pay for the car note, cell phone, and insurance, and cable bill (for his mother since its at our house in the other state. I couldnt shut it off since we are in contract and its only $100 a month) and every now and then I might ask him to help pay the car insurance or cell phone bill. Not to mention I also cook, clean, and take care of the kids but yet im not contributing!! How should I approach him about this. Everytime I want to talk about something he doesnt because he doesnt like to argue. I feel like im not being appreciated :(
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (131-137):
Sweet2413
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Oh and if me and df break up I guess I will be shit out of luck then. Df wont be sending child support if we break up now will he. No because there not his kids.

Quoting Sweet2413:

Because they only have one parent supporting them in stead of two. Yeah I am engaged and my fiance makes good money but they are still not his kids. So if when you turn 63 and get social security how many years do you expect to receive it?? This is the whole reason people work and pay taxes so when you get older and dont work you get social security. And if you work and have a family with kids and something happens to a parent they wont have to worry about if there kids are going to eat or not. You need to do some research.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather have a job I guess. I think they are good for the short term, don't get me wrong. I'm just confused as to why someone would get them for eighteen years. Social security is paid for by the people working now, not people who worked in the past. I really didn't mean to make that woman feel bad, I just don't understand the opinions on this site sometimes. There are millions of people struggling to get by everyday, whose partners have died or left. There are families struggling and I read people attack them every day. Why do these kids get ss for eighteen years when they have a parent who can work, engaged and living with someone with a damn good income. That seems weird to me, that's all.

Quoting Anonymous:

you are a TOTAL idiot....if your dh dies, don't you want survivors bene's for your kids, or would you rather starve?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your fiancee makes eight grand but you still get social security aand the people on food stamps are the moochers? I will never understand how people decide this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
What does he do? I would get a job and not ask him for anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Well you don't get social security at 63 and I'm not counting on that anyway. I don't think I'm the one who needs to research. Well, good luck with everything anyway.

Quoting Sweet2413:

Because they only have one parent supporting them in stead of two. Yeah I am engaged and my fiance makes good money but they are still not his kids. So if when you turn 63 and get social security how many years do you expect to receive it?? This is the whole reason people work and pay taxes so when you get older and dont work you get social security. And if you work and have a family with kids and something happens to a parent they wont have to worry about if there kids are going to eat or not. You need to do some research.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather have a job I guess. I think they are good for the short term, don't get me wrong. I'm just confused as to why someone would get them for eighteen years. Social security is paid for by the people working now, not people who worked in the past. I really didn't mean to make that woman feel bad, I just don't understand the opinions on this site sometimes. There are millions of people struggling to get by everyday, whose partners have died or left. There are families struggling and I read people attack them every day. Why do these kids get ss for eighteen years when they have a parent who can work, engaged and living with someone with a damn good income. That seems weird to me, that's all.

Quoting Anonymous:

you are a TOTAL idiot....if your dh dies, don't you want survivors bene's for your kids, or would you rather starve?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your fiancee makes eight grand but you still get social security aand the people on food stamps are the moochers? I will never understand how people decide this.

Sweet2413
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Thats what im doing now. I went to two interviews yesterday. I dont need him and I think he has realized that. Thats why he doesnt want me to leave and I really dont think he want me to work so he can have some control. Hes fixing to have an eye opener.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does he do? I would get a job and not ask him for anything.

luvmykidsJC
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

But he is not, she was supporting herself and her two kids of the survivors benefits before they got together

Quoting Foolynroo2:

I think it's pretty clear, he doesn't want to support astay at home girlfriend and her two kids.

Maybe you need to rethink things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say this is your warning sign that he isn't someone you want to marry.  It will only get worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

give him a bill for your services: housecleaning, maid, babysitter, repairwoman, sex slave, etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured