Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need advice please

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 5 Replies
My grandma died a week and a half ago from aneurysm possibly caused by a brain tumor. My great grandma on the same side of the family died from an aneurysm also. My grandma's neurosurgeon thinks that it is probably hereditary. I already get some pretty wicked headaches/migraines and now after hearing that, I am even more paranoid and worried. I am going to call my doc to make an appointment to discuss this along with a few other things. Now my question is should I push my doc into ordering a CT scan or MRI?
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
misbishy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I would think the doctor would have you checked over. I am sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you, and your family. I would ask the doctor if he does not bring any testing up. It never hurts to ask. 

amnewlon8982
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Most likely a CT.
momof2891
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Thank you. It's been very hard. And knowing that so far it's only affected the women on that side makes even worse.

Quoting misbishy:

I would think the doctor would have you checked over. I am sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you, and your family. I would ask the doctor if he does not bring any testing up. It never hurts to ask. 

momof2891
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
That's what I'm thinking too.

Quoting amnewlon8982:

Most likely a CT.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I would be frightened too.    They do have scans for this stuff now.  I keep getting mail about when the screenings will be available in a mobile unit in our area.    They keep urging us to go get scanned.

I had an Uncle die quickly from one, on his aorta.   It was SO sad SO stunning to us as we had never heard of such a thing at all before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)