Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this give me the right to lose my s*** on her? ( A rant/MIL post)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

DH took my children to see his Mom over the weekend. (Today was half day at school and tomorrow is no school for students)  My DD is Dyslexic and is so proud of the fact he is now learning to spell since his diagnosis. He wanted to show my MIL how he is doing and spelled some words wrong. She called me all snotty like saying "He's spelling words all ass backwards again." (yes in front of him) I said "He's still learning and he's Dyslexic, not ass backwards."  She said "Oh same thing darling." I hung up and called DH on his cell and he's all "What do you want me to do, she's my Mom?" I said "Well don't think I'm not going to say anything to her." He said "Do you what you gotta do." 

So.. if this were your situation, what would you do? Would you tell DH to grow a pair and stand up to his Mom? Would you lose your sh*t or have a rational discussion with her about how it's unacceptable? Would you just let it go, it's no big deal? I already know what I'm going to do just curious as to what would be considered the norm.. I think I'm going to chose the the discussion first because I know she can be ignorant.. It doesn't work, I will probably lose my cool. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM

BUMP!

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I would expect my husband to inform his mother that she can keep comments like that to herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
3 moms liked this

I would stop expecting everyone to speak the way you want them to, & I would stop telling my dh what he has to say to his own mother.

Its amazing you dont want your child to disrespect you when he/she is a kid or when he/she is an adult, yet you demand your dh disrespect his own mother, so you can feel more important to him and control everyone...  Please remember this when your own child as an adult  is telling you off about what his/her , wife//husband decides you can say in your own home... ( just as youre doing to your dh & mil

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

It's amazing how you think you know everything that goes in my own home.. I WILL tell someone how to speak when they are referring to MY child, but thank you for your opinion. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would stop expecting everyone to speak the way you want them to, & I would stop telling my dh what he has to say to his own mother.

Its amazing you dont want your child to disrespect you when he/she is a kid or when he/she is an adult, yet you demand your dh disrespect his own mother, so you can feel more important to him and control everyone...  Please remember this when your own child as an adult  is telling you off about what his/her , wife//husband decides you can say in your own home... ( just as youre doing to your dh & mil

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao yep I pegged you for who you are, you'll learn..

Quoting Anonymous:

It's amazing how you think you know everything that goes in my own home.. I WILL tell someone how to speak when they are referring to MY child, but thank you for your opinion. 

Quoting Anonymous:

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
My kids would be in the car and on the way home if my husband knows what's good for him. I would have went ape shit on them both. For her saying that bs and him allowing her to say it. Shed never see my kids again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to her myself and her she shouldn't say that stuff in front of the child.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I would tell her to stop being a fucking bitch. I have a potty mouth and not afraid to use it.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM
3 moms liked this

I would explain to her that 1) we dont use that language in front of our kids  2) we are trying to build his self esteem not push him down into the depths of depression  3) Didnt you ever learn, if you have nothing nice to say, then dont say anything at all??!!  4) If you ever want to see your grandchild again, I suggest you change your attitude.

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:58 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

I would tell her to stop being a fucking bitch. I have a potty mouth and not afraid to use it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured