Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you kick out your son? *updated*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies
What would you do if you're on a tight income and you're a single mom..and your 20year old son got a part-time paying $400 a month..

And you've asked him to help out for 2 months already but he spends all his money on dumb things like games and figurines...

Would you kick him out? Or what other things woul you had done before kicking him out...

*update* To clarify, he is not in school. And he doesn't help with anything. No groceries, no gas for getting dropped off/picked up at work. Everytime I ask for money, he gives such a rude reply and always sighing...and I pay for his phone...

I don't know how he will live off $400 but, I've tried talking to him already...every pay checks it just all goes on his toys... I'm at my wits end. He needs to learn to be independent. I'm giving him 30days to help or move out. I'm sure he can go rent with his friends and get more hours at work or find a second job.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this
My 20 year old lives with me and has a part time job. I don't make him pay anything.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
3 moms liked this
No. My child is allowed to live with me as long as he wants. I would rather him save his money than be struggling.
Char-Bear
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I would boot him out. I've watched my brother play my mom and dad like that, he's 34 with no job now and has never left home.
Steph84FL
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I would kick him out and live in a roommate that wants to contribute to the household
instant
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
6 moms liked this
I wouldn't make my son pay. I would never kick my children out of their home (because my home is their home)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
3 moms liked this

In a heartbeat. I have no tolerance for kids who use and abuse their parents like losers. He would help pay his way or get out, period. I feel this way because he knows that you're a single mother, more than likely knows your financial situation and that you're struggling, yet still chooses to use you. Not cool.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Chip in or move out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Allowed and aloud
Learn the difference

Quoting lovemymini:

No. My child is aloud to live with me as long as he wants. I would rather him save his money than be struggling.

QuietNarrative
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Is your income enough to live comfortably?  Sounds like the OP is not in a good place finacially her kid is an adult and she shouldn't have to support him.

Quoting: My 20 year old lives with me and has a part time job. I don't make him pay anything.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Yup, I don't like lazy or mouchers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)