Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

But it's her birthday!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I am very upset with every single one if my family members....my sisters...mom...dad...hubbys siblings and his mom...ALL OF THEM. Not one of them even cared enough to call my 3 year old on her birthday.

I think from here on out, I will forget they exist. They don't even have 5 minutes to call her and say happy birthday?? There is no excuse. Fuck off family. I am done with them ALL
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krazymom2boyz
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I'm sorry that would tick me off, too! I know it doesn't mean as much as if it were family, but Happy Birthday to your pretty little girl!
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Wow. I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Thank you. I am glad she is young enough to not notice. :( I grew up with crappy family too. No one ever called...nothing. I swore my kids would have a better family than I did.

Quoting krazymom2boyz:

I'm sorry that would tick me off, too! I know it doesn't mean as much as if it were family, but Happy Birthday to your pretty little girl!
csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:03 AM

If they didn't make it a habit with you, why would you expect them to make it a habit with your kids?  Nobody calls my kids on their birthdays, nor do I call any family members on their birthdays.  It is not a big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I am glad she is young enough to not notice. :( I grew up with crappy family too. No one ever called...nothing. I swore my kids would have a better family than I did.

Quoting krazymom2boyz:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy Birthay LO

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Wow... Cutting her off from her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins all of them.. just because they didn't call on a birthday she isn't going to remember in a few years anyway? 

Over-reacting big time here. 

crumpy_gat
by No. on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:50 AM
I'm sorry :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM
We live 9 hours away. They never call to check up on the kids and see how they're doing or anything, yet they throw a hissy fit if we don't make the kids call and talk to them on THEIR birthdays. One thing I did have growing up was a grandmother that did call every other birthday or so...but she lives in Germany...so I didn't expect much.

Quoting handy0318:

Wow... Cutting her off from her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins all of them.. just because they didn't call on a birthday she isn't going to remember in a few years anyway? 

Over-reacting big time here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Why should I bother with them when they can't do something as simple as calling my kids on their birthdays?

Quoting csxt99:

If they didn't make it a habit with you, why would you expect them to make it a habit with your kids?  Nobody calls my kids on their birthdays, nor do I call any family members on their birthdays.  It is not a big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting krazymom2boyz:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww thanks. That cake is BEAUTIFUL!

Quoting Sassy762:

Happy Birthay LO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN