Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg, no. Santa will NOT bring you that for Christmas!

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 252 Replies
22 moms liked this

We were listening to the radio earlier and there was a commercial on for pole dancing classes, and they were stressing some sort of fireman move that they were going to teach everyone. So my four year olds ears prick  up when they start talking about the fireman dance! So she says, "Oh Mommy! Can you please take us to the fireman classes?!"

"... Uh... No... what's wrong with your dance class?"

"Nothing! I just really want to do the fireman dance!"

"I don't think we have time for another dance class right now. Sorry baby."

"Oh... Well maybe Santa will give me those classes for Christmas if I'm really good!"

"Actually, those classes are for older girls. Like girls who are over 18 years old."

"Awww. I can't wait till I'm 18... "

"Who wants icecream?!"

Good God. I guess I could have gotten down to the nitty gritty with her about it, but I just wasn't feeling it tonight. lol.

What are the most awkward conversations you've had with your kids?

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:20 AM
3 moms liked this

My daughter was 2 and a half, almost 3 when I was pregnant with my son.   One day she asked me  "Mommy, how did the baby get in your tummy?"   It was the most akward moment ever. How do you explain to a 3 year old about the birds and the bees without giving away too much information? Thankfully, dh saved the day, and told her it  was a secret.  She said "okay", and when back to playing.

o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids haven't asked for specifics on how the baby goes in yet. They're quite interested on how it comes out though, lol.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

My daughter was 2 and a half, almost 3 when I was pregnant with my son.   One day she asked me  "Mommy, how did the baby get in your tummy?"   It was the most akward moment ever. How do you explain to a 3 year old about the birds and the bees without giving away too much information? Thankfully, dh saved the day, and told her it  was a secret.  She said "okay", and when back to playing.

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol
Jblb
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Tonight my dd asked if gum and "come" rhyme and her dad and I just silently laughed...
o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM
33 moms liked this

The other day my daughters were doing a craft and they were using a bunch of those little puff balls, and my 6 year old was throwing them at my 2 year old and my two year old was yelling, "Stop! Stop throwing your hairy balls at me!"

Quoting Jblb:

Tonight my dd asked if gum and "come" rhyme and her dad and I just silently laughed...

heavenly1462
by Jessica on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM
13 moms liked this
I am 28. My dd recently asked me what it was like for me living back in the olden days. Then she asked me if I was friends with George Washington. Not akward, but funny. Lol
hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM
10 moms liked this
Omg Lol how funny..
My dd is 6 and I nurse my son in front of her sometimes, and lately she's really nosey about what's going on... :/ its so awkward...she will try to get up close and personal and said to me once " is he sucking on the dark spot on your boob? Can I try next?" Omg.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Lol that's so cute
Jblb
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Lol

Quoting o.O....:

The other day my daughters were doing a craft and they were using a bunch of those little puff balls, and my 6 year old was throwing them at my 2 year old and my two year old was yelling, "Stop! Stop throwing your hairy balls at me!"

Quoting Jblb:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD dropped her pad (obviously wrapped) into the bin and all 3 of my younger kids (2 girls and a boy) screamed at her for putting toilet paper into the bin. *sigh* That brought on a very premature conversation about WHY my DD was doing that and that she WASN'T getting punished for it; but yes, if you randomly drop toilet paper into the bin instead of the toilet you WILL be getting punished.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured