Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OUCH! *PICC ADDED*

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 396 Replies
2 moms liked this

My son fell off his bike yesterday due to one of the brats down the dirt road cutting him off... anywho. he scraped his face open...  once i got him to let me clean it up... all i could do was cry for my child... How do I handle this... I cant seem to shake that scared feeling from when I first seen it nor can i shake the sad feeling for the pain that my child is in... (nothing was broken)

Has anyone else kids have major boo boo's? How did you handle it? 

*This is after he went to sleep... he wouldnt let me take one while he was still up... he wont even look in a mirror*

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
4 moms liked this

Kiss it better and move on. 

KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I wish it was little enough to do that with... normally i would do that... he is lucky to still have his teeth and nothing broken... He is blessed that he didnt have to go to the hospital!

Quoting Anonymous:

Kiss it better and move on. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
13 moms liked this
Wow. Dramatic much?
ambrosia78
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM

My daughter gashed her hand open (between the thumb and index finger...ya know, tha fatty area) with a box cutter a few years back...I thought I was going to flip out...I was crying more than she was.

KJH_KMH_MOM
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM

no normally i would just peroxide and keep it moving, but this was more then that... I thought he was going to have to have his nose sewed back together, but lucky after I cleaned him up it was cut all the way through

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. Dramatic much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM

it's a part of childhood. shake it off.

fkh8ah
by Felicia on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
After seeing my son get a spinal tap at a year old and as bad as it might sound, I'm desensitized to the minor cuts and scrapes with any of my kids. I just clean it up, give em a hug and send em on their way. (Do keep an eye on it to make sure it aint getting infected)
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Scrapes and abrasions are not major.  My daughter skinned a huge portion on her knee once.  It was too big for even the knee bandages.  I had to bandage it with gauze.  I would get a tube of lanolin from the drug store and mix some up with some neosporin and cover the wound with that.  The lanolin will help seal and cover the skin even without a bandage.  It will help it heal faster too.

Last year, my daughter dislocated her knee cap in volley ball practice.  She had to go to the ER to get it put back into place and was on crutches for a few days and physical therapy for 4 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Wow get over it. Be thankful it wasn't worse and move on.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM

A few years ago my younger son was climbing on a chair while holding my keys, he fell down & a key punctured his forehead right above his eye. It was small but deep, it was glued shut instead of stitches. He has a small scar there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)