Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom fail....EDIT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

Mobile Photo

My gorgeous two and a half year old daughter pictured here refuses to use the potty. She was halfway potty trained before her brother was born in early September. However, since he was born she has been very resistant and has literally gone back to acting like a baby in regards to using the toilet. I get it. She's now the middle child. I am a stay at home mom so I do give her just as much attention as her brother. She is very smart and articulate for her age. My oldest daughter was toilet trained by 18 months. I work with her all day. I take her to the potty every 15 minutes and she will hardly go at all at those times. She will tell me the moment she is going in her pull up but not a minute before. Before he was born she would tell me before she had to go and did great. I've tried everything from giving rewards, using a sticker chart, buying a new potty chair, putting her in panties so she could feel the mess, and praising her for even trying. I am at a loss. PLEASE HELP!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM

kids are all ready at different times. even if big sis was a quick one, doesn't mean she will be. you've tried many things, but the most important things are being consistent and waiting until she is ready. my only advice is getting rid of pull ups completely. go straight to underwear and stick with it. my boys all potty trained at both day and night at the same time, because of the underwear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I should add that I know every child is different and I know I shouldn't compare my children to each other but I believe that a child that can speak to me in full sentences should have no problem going to the bathroom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I will probably try doing just underwear again this weekend. I will have to have some help cleaning up the messes I know she will make. My husband will be home then and can help. I just started to think I was missing something.

Quoting Mamie_85:

kids are all ready at different times. even if big sis was a quick one, doesn't mean she will be. you've tried many things, but the most important things are being consistent and waiting until she is ready. my only advice is getting rid of pull ups completely. go straight to underwear and stick with it. my boys all potty trained at both day and night at the same time, because of the underwear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Any more?
Karenjm
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Maybe just give her some time to adjust to the new baby.  Maybe she is not ready.  I would give it a month or so and try again. 

Tabelite
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Maybe she isn't ready. My ODD was 29 months before she was fully potty trained and that was after her sister was born. I wouldn't force it, just let her decide when she is ready, you'll see the signs of it. Good luck!
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Don't push her. My dd regressed at freaking 4! It was horrible.

But they are all unique
Karenjm
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you take the pull up away at night?  did they wet the bed?  My 2 year old is completely potty trained during the day, but still wets the bed at night.  But I've never left him without a pull up at night.  I just know he'll wet it.

Quoting Mamie_85:

petitekatie
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Bump!!! for you!

CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM
My dd did the exact same thing when dd2 was born. But she snapped out of it. She will get it momma just be patient.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured