Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I turn him in?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

Almost a month ago my fiance requested that we take a break.  Now apparently he is 2 months behind on his child support payments for his 9 year old. He got a letter informing him of a support enforcement hearing on the 31st. If he doesn't have the money to bring himself current (currently that cost is 5k including his arrearages) he will go to jail for 6 months. This is the second time this year he has been more than a month behind.  In March I paid $1500 to keep him out of jail.  His brainiac scheme to get out of paying this time? He's going in the run, so he says. He had the actual nerve to tell me that his original plan for these few days was to talk about the possibility of our daughter and I coming back home. (Which I'm not ready for regardless). Instead of taking his punishment as an adult, he is going to run away. I'm so disgusted. I am contemplating calling either his ex (or her attorney) and/or the county court where his hearing is to inform them what he is planning.  Is that horrible?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd do it in a heartbeat! Turn him in that is.
newfound09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Turn him in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Hahaha does his name start with S? Because I have a 9 year old and a hearing too lmao
camocountrymom
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it's horrible. I probably won't have the popular opinion on this but...you said he was your fiance and that he wanted to take a break. That means to me, that you love him? You don't do that to someone you love.

With that being said, that doesn't mean he should be excused from his responsibilities. He shouldn't but if I were you I wouldn't be the one turning him in. Karma isn't nice in these situations. I would just step back and let be what will be.
Mena929
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM

You have a kid together, he will be doing this to you as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Lol.  Wouldn't that be hysterical?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahaha does his name start with S? Because I have a 9 year old and a hearing too lmao

pumpkin1423
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM
8 moms liked this

I woulnd't stand behind any man who would run from his responsibilities, escpecially when children are involved. Turn him in.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mena929:

You have a kid together, he will be doing this to you as well. 

KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Whether you decide to turn him in or not,  DUMP THIS LOSER. 

If you don't, all you have to look forward to is more of the same. 

You PAID to keep him out of jail and he learned that lesson well.  Now he knows he can use you and take advantage of you.  

Imagine what is going to eventually happen to you and your daughter when he gets tired of paying child support to you.... 

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Turn him in. He needs to man up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)