Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you this cruel and cheap?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 408 Replies
10 moms liked this
I scheduled my dog to get neutered today and the vet tech said that pre surgical lab work was optional since it cost 40 dollars an many people do not get it, however it helps determine if the dog is healthy enough for anesthesia/surgery. She then said that pain meds after surgery were optional as well. I looked at her surprised. I guess I could understand forgoing the labs because the most horrific think that could happen is the pet dies while asleep. (I'm getting labs done though) but seriously, people refuse to get their dogs pain medication after surgery :-( How absolutely positively horrible!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
9 moms liked this
I've always bought them. I couldn't imagine not. But who knows. My vet says it's not painful for dogs afterwards and they don't need the meds. I don't think that's true.... But I'm not a vet. I just have common sense that any type of surgery or cut would be painful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

MommeeTo4
by &1more on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM
4 moms liked this
My cat was neutered at a spay/neuter clinic
They didn't ask about labs and we didn't get pain meds, he was acting just like himself a couple hours after surgery wanting to climb and jump
Which we were told to limit him from that.
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM

they werent offered to us after our animals got fixed.....

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM
They never offered pain meds for my cat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Quoting MommeeTo4:

My cat was neutered at a spay/neuter clinic
They didn't ask about labs and we didn't get pain meds, he was acting just like himself a couple hours after surgery wanting to climb and jump
Which we were told to limit him from that.
Did you get to take your pet home right away? I'm so upset because they are requiring he spend the night at the clinic immediately after surgery, I'm not sure why.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

They never offered pain meds for my cat

And you didnt ask? I cant even imagine. I sure hope you dont ask for pain meds after surgery :-(

rebecca_tal4
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this
After experiencing my dog breaking her leg, as mean as it sounds it's better for them to feel bad and rest. They'll recover faster. We were giving her too much pain meds and she thought it was ok to run around on that broken leg. A neuter is typically less painfull than a spay anyway.
AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM
We boarded our dog for 4 days at the vet after he was neutered. He was also 8 years old and that played a large part in it. He was on pain meds when he got home and while in the vets care. He got an infection 3 days after we brought him home and was absolutely miserable. He was on antibiotics for 2 weeks. I felt bad about neutering him at such a late age but we didn't have a choice he had a scrotal tumor.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I wouldn't have done the labs but I would get the medication.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN