Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever wish Facebook didn't exist?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
I hate the lack of privacy we have these days. Even if I choose to limit what I put on Facebook, I can't always control what other people post about me or my family. It's frustrating and I know it isn't going away anytime soon.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
9 moms liked this
I miss Myspace lol. Yes I'm a dork!
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM
6 moms liked this
No, FB doesn't bother me. I keep tight control over my info and my family knows and respects that, so I've not had an issues. I delete people when I need to and totally avoid drama.
Honestly, if it's that big a problem, you should delete your account. Plenty of people survive without a FB.
jessymoka
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM
9 moms liked this
Completely!
I don't have a Facebook. I don't appreciate people posting pics of me or my kids on facebook either. My family will post pics and I hate it.
Anybody worth living life with and worth sharing personal information with I am already doing it, in person. Random strangers don't need to know about me or see pics of me.

It frustrates me to no end to see people "living" on their facebooks instead of living in real life. I hate when my family is together on a holiday and everyone's faces are plastered to their phones.

Wall-e was like a premonition.
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM
6 moms liked this

I really like Facebook mostly for the ability to communicate with family in distant places world wide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't totally dislike it, just the lack of privacy. 15 years ago, people couldn't post pictures of me (and now my kids) for who knows how many people to see. I liked when my life was mine.

Even if I didn't have Facebook, I can't control what others do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM
It gets annoying. I keep everything private and friends only. But thanks to being an admin to a "like" page that has over 130,500 fans I have gotten stalkers. That's when it bothers me. I couldn't care less what anyone has to say about me.

I am anonymous because I don't want people to figure out what page I admin at. :)
bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM

FB does not bother me. Most people do not Photograph us and those that do always send me pics privately for an ok first.

2Sparrows4ever
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope, I just block the people who make me wish it didn't exist
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Yes but not for your reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured