Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want a daughter so badly! Fostering questions. *eta*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
3 moms liked this
Today was my oldest son's Halloween parade at his school. Of course, he was adorable and it was great! I even got to stay after for his class party before I had to meet with a client.
I have two wonderful boys. I thought I'd gotten over this. I love my sons, but I feel like I'm missing something. I want a daughter so badly. I won't survive another pregnancy and my essure procedure is scheduled. Right now, with us starting a new business, money will be tight for about six months until our profits start rolling. And truthfully, I know it would be so hard to start over with an infant. But my GOD, my heart ached when I saw supergirls and fairies and even a princess peach. I had to leave to cry in the bathroom at school for a couple of minutes.
Maybe one day I'll be able to foster to adopt a daughter.
I really don't feel like my family will be complete without her. Does anyone have any success stories with fostering to adopt?
ETA
I don't care what she looks like, what race, if she has delays. I don't care if she HATES glitter and tutus and only wants to play in the mud. It isn't about making a child into my idea of a daughter, it's about having a daughter in and of itself. It's a desire I've had since I began thinking about children. I feel like my family isn't complete. I want to open my home and heart to a child without a family who loves and supports her. HOW is this a bad thing? My dh wants a daughter, too, And agrees that our family isn't quite "whole" yet. It isn't uncommon to have a preference when fostering. Sone prefer to foster those of the same race or under a certain age or without delays. I do not care as long as she is a daughter and I feel I'm able to give her the support and level of care she deserves if she is physically intellectually delayed/disabled.
This isn't about wanting an accessory. This is about making my whole family complete.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Anyone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Bumpity.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Please? Any advice or story- good or bad- would be appreciated.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Nope. I was a foster child as a teen and adopted at birth.

Bumpity, foster is a great thing!
mrjjmt
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Adopting babies, even foster to adopt can be a very long process. You would also want to check the adoption laws in your state to see how it would work with the rights of the birth parents. With foster to adopt you also have a higher chance of having developmental delays or issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

The point of fostering and eventually adopting is helping a child who truly needs a home, not to fill your need for a girl child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you know any of your fellow fosters that found a loving family? I adore my sons. But I crave a daughter, that bond. Any daughter. I don't care black, white, purple, fat, skinny, biological or adopted. As long as I can call her MY baby!

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Nope. I was a foster child as a teen and adopted at birth.

Bumpity, foster is a great thing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I was a foster parent.
Adoptions are very hit or miss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Would you rather I not try to adopt a child who needs a loving family? That illogical. I want a daughter. There are girls who need homes. Ergo, I would be giving a loving family to a child without. I fail to see how this would be bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

The point of fostering and eventually adopting is helping a child who truly needs a home, not to fill your need for a girl child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN