Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worlds worst mommy award goes to...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Me!!! I just yelled at ds (7) for reading =( Why you ask... Because I bought some chapter books for us to read together... I keep them downstairs and in a special spot til we are done reading them when we can read them at will. well I found out today that is snuck the one we are reading and finished it. I've talked to him a few times about how I want to read them TOGETHER first then he is free to read them by himself. I blew up at him when I found out is read it alone. I should have been proud of him cause they are kind of above his reading level but he pushed through and was proud of himself... Total parenting fail. BASH AWAY!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Ummm
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep that's a huge fail. Way to discourage him from reading :(
Mtdewwid
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM
That's a tad controlling.
Lawdhavemercy2
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Holy shit.... Yeah you suck :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AWallewein

ouch!

KelleLynn
1 mom liked this
Wow. Im sorry. If it helps, I have had some shitty reactions when I should have been better too. Go back and tell him you're sorry with a big hug. Ask him to forgive you (he will). Tell him that you are proud of him for reading and then ask him to read to you. It will be ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

ok

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM
O__o
Raine_Dance
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont get it. you obviously realized you screwed up, so why post this? just so the judgey bitches on here can really drill it into your head that you screwed up? 

hun, no mother is perfect. you messed up, you know it, apologize to him and explain why it upset you that he read ahead without you. And make sure you tell him how proud of him you are for loving reading so much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Shit happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)