Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ancestry.com

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
Has anyone ever used it?? I am not close to my family and especially on my mother side. Well since I have my son now of like to know more info. So did it help, did u get more info??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Bump!!!!!!
Toothfairymom13
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

We have used it. If you know names and things it works great. You can get lots of information. But I was already able to track my family back 200 years before I used it. But was are to get voting records, address, pictures, things like that. It is a cool website if you can afford it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I used it to research and boy did I open a painful can of worms. I found out some stuff that the older generations wanted to stay buried.  I would use caution.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM
:( sorry that happen. I never knew my bio grandfather he was NA and I would like to know more he passed a yr ago and its been on my mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I used it to research and boy did I open a painful can of worms. I found out some stuff that the older generations wanted to stay buried.  I would use caution.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM
They have a free trail right now. I know names so hopefully it will work.

Quoting Toothfairymom13:

We have used it. If you know names and things it works great. You can get lots of information. But I was already able to track my family back 200 years before I used it. But was are to get voting records, address, pictures, things like that. It is a cool website if you can afford it. 

Lunarprancer
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I used it and it did give info that I wasn't aware of.  I did the free trial, forgot, and got charged for an extra month.  I think it is a good tool.  I just wasn't able to go back any further.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I've just heard you have to pay for it. My mom tried it and got no results
katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I love it!
I've found out so many interesting things!
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

It is pretty cool. Try the free trial to see if it helps you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Awesome! I think ill give it a try!

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I used it and it did give info that I wasn't aware of.  I did the free trial, forgot, and got charged for an extra month.  I think it is a good tool.  I just wasn't able to go back any further.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)