Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to tell him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
My DH applied for a job in another city. (Right now we have one car and we share it. I recently found a job in the city we live in. I drop him off @ work then I go to work. I get home and get our kids off the bus While DH is still @ work.)
If he takes his new job I would have to quit mine.I don't make that much but my job is helping us get out of debt.
He went for the interview and they said they would call him if he got the job.
Well they called and he got the job they want him to call back on Monday.
I don't want to tell him they called. I want to keep my job. DH will not make any more @ this new job

Would you tell him?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caera
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes. You'll have to find another way to do it. To deny your husband the ability to start working at this job and start working his way up is the height of selfishness.

RaniNY
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't lie. He may find out in the end and he would be furious. If you can't get another car, maybe you could work online.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Yes, I would tell him. Why would you take the choice away from him? I'm sure you can figure something out. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Erica705
Yes, I would. Then I'd discuss what it would mean for the entire family.
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Yes tell him. Tell him how you feel. At least let him be courteous and let him thank them for the opportunity. Communication is key to a healthy relationship. Lies and hiding shit is an easy way to destroy it.
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to tell him. But does this job offer more advancement opportunities? Why would he take a job further away, making the same amount and have to spend more on gas, plus lose your contribution?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I wouldn't lie but what's better about his new job? Doesn't sound like much.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

If you have to ask us your marriage is already in trouble. You talk things out with hubby and decide together what makes sense for your family. You don't lie to your husband when he has been offered a job. WOW.

Karyanne24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Don't lie. He would be very upset if he found out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I can't work on line. He isn't going to get more hrs. And he won't make anymore money working at the new job. All he is doing is driving40 minutes away. Its not going to help us financially, with the cost of gas he will be making less.

Quoting RaniNY:

I wouldn't lie. He may find out in the end and he would be furious. If you can't get another car, maybe you could work online.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)