Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your hot button issue?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 94 Replies
1 mom liked this

We all have things we are passionate about. Things that just get you fired up and angry.

Mine is this:

I HATE the fact that more people in America are worried about abortion/gay marriage/welfare/whatever than the wars we are in. We have killed almost 2 million people in the Middle East. These include innocent men, women, and children. Babies. Dead babies. For what? 9/11? Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Before 9/11, we put sanctions on Iraq and killed over 500k children with our sanctions alone.

You are not allowed to criticize the wars in this country thanks to the war propoganda machine and the slogan, "support our troops". I feel like that is empty lip service. If people actually supported our troops, we wouldn't be sending them off to die in a foreign land, and to kill people who are not trying to take our freedoms. They don't hate us because of our freedoms, they hate us because we occupy their land and kill them. For oil and resources.

Our troops are NOT fighting for our freedom in these wars. They are used as pawns for greedy corporations. But alas, nobody cares. We'd rather fight about abortion. We'd rather fight for marriage equality, as if the suffering of other beings matters not.

Murica!

What is your hot button issue?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Bump

Jammin.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Fuck them.
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

K. Who?

Quoting Jammin.:

Fuck them.

3MusketeerMama
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think that one issue should minimize another. Even if your issue is wars, it shouldn't take away from someone else thinking that abortion, or marriage equality, or welfare isn't important. That is THEIR reality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I have 2 Autism/Special Needs and Gay...Being gay, Gay Marriage, anything associated with being Gay.

Queenfrostine81
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM
What about special needs and being gay is a hot button issue for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have 2 Autism/Special Needs and Gay...Being gay, Gay Marriage, anything associated with being Gay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM

I kindly disagree. If we allow wars to take over this planet (ww3 is well on it's way) then that's IT for all of us. Sure, the other issues are important too, but I think priority should be on liberty and justice, FOR ALL. We should care about all humanity, not just ourselves.

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

I don't think that one issue should minimize another. Even if your issue is wars, it shouldn't take away from someone else thinking that abortion, or marriage equality, or welfare isn't important. That is THEIR reality.

JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Well at least we are making progress in these areas!

Quoting Anonymous:

SkellyBird
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Animal rights, and pitbull haters

JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Animal rights are very important to me too. And I love pits:)

Quoting SkellyBird:

Animal rights, and pitbull haters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)