Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o Bad Moms Getting Drunk Once A Week. I get WASTED on Sundays in front of my child.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Every football Sunday, I drink wine and beer. I get drunk. We start at noon and stop around 5-8pm. There are a lot of other couples, including my parents who are there. We all drink.

It is one Sunday a week, and only about 16 Sundays out of the year. The rest of the year, I never drink.

My brother and sister and nieces and my own kid is there.

You can judge my husband and me all you want, but I'm a damn good mom.
My child eats, drinks, and plays with the kids and we swing him in the swing, all in between watching football all day and drinking.

What I don't understand is why moms do judge. If you don't like it, then don't be my friend. But do not pretend you are better than me. It's not a pissing contest.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Well if it was a pissing contest, the drunks would win.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:45 AM
2 moms liked this
It's not that I'm better than you because I'm not. But my concern is that EVERY adult on your home is drinking, you're wasted and there are children in the home. Do you not see a problem with THAT?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Ha. Doesn't being a drunk mean you actually can not quit drinking? If it is just one Sunday a week, and then maybe 16, maybe less, Sundays out of the year? That surely can't be considered a drunk.

For me, this has been going on for the past couple years, I never drink except for those football Sundays.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Nope. We're all responsible adults who take care of my kid, our kids, every kid there.

If i can still walk to the bathroom, unzip my pants, sit on the toilet, wipe my vag, stand up zip wash hands, then crack open another can, I think I'm good to go. Don't you?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not that I'm better than you because I'm not. But my concern is that EVERY adult on your home is drinking, you're wasted and there are children in the home. Do you not see a problem with THAT?
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Um, all I meant was that drinking makes you pee a lot...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha. Doesn't being a drunk mean you actually can not quit drinking? If it is just one Sunday a week, and then maybe 16, maybe less, Sundays out of the year? That surely can't be considered a drunk.

For me, this has been going on for the past couple years, I never drink except for those football Sundays.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Ha ok. Only if you break the seal.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Um, all I meant was that drinking makes you pee a lot...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I guess it depends on where you live because around here tons of people cook out & have parties & watch football. Just not a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM
I don't care. If there's an emergency, call a neighbor or 911. Just the same as a single mom who has to take NyQuil at night, if her kid wakes up at 2am, she wouldn't be able to drive (if she even woke up)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM
You're title says you get WASTED. Wasted to me is sloppy drunk, falling down and passing out. So are you just enjoying a few beers or are you getting wasted? Which one?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. We're all responsible adults who take care of my kid, our kids, every kid there.

If i can still walk to the bathroom, unzip my pants, sit on the toilet, wipe my vag, stand up zip wash hands, then crack open another can, I think I'm good to go. Don't you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I don't take nyquill unless my husband is home. But i know what you mean.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't care. If there's an emergency, call a neighbor or 911. Just the same as a single mom who has to take NyQuil at night, if her kid wakes up at 2am, she wouldn't be able to drive (if she even woke up)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)