Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I absolutely need birth control?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

The people at my job are asking me what am I doing for birth control. I tell them nothing and they look at me with disgust. I am 26, married and have been married for 7 1/2 years, with 3 children ages 6,4, and 1, I just had a miscarriage last month. I don't know why but this has been bothering me since i had the last baby.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Why are your coworkers asking you such personal questions?

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Maybe they don't want you to miss work
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Why are you discussing personal matters with coworkers. Not appropriate cubicle talk.
DropZoneMom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Ask them why they want to know.   (Why would you tell them ANYTHING?   It's none of their business -- and, if it's your boss, it's actually illegal for them to ask you.)

katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Its not their business. Why is it so strange to think that some people actually WANT to have children?!
JealousGrrl
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM

This!  It's none of their business. 

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:28 AM

They are asking me because they don't want me to miss anymore work from miscarriages or live births. In the past month I had every form of birth control discussed to me. I work in a medical office so the doctors are giving their 'professional' opinion. The support staff keeps asking me why aren't I taking anything, and now it's driving me insane. One person said I have too many kids and I don't give myself enough attention making me a bad mother.

Quoting JealousGrrl:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

JealousGrrl
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM
That's really messed up. I would speak to my boss in this situation. You are NOT their patient and their "advice" inappropriate.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are asking me because they don't want me to miss anymore work from miscarriages or live births. In the past month I had every form of birth control discussed to me. I work in a medical office so the doctors are giving their 'professional' opinion. The support staff keeps asking me why aren't I taking anything, and now it's driving me insane. One person said I have too many kids and I don't give myself enough attention making me a bad mother.

Quoting JealousGrrl:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM

No, you don't need artificial hormones that can completely mess with your entire system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:34 AM
That's at least borderline harassment. Tell them to leave you alone or you will take legal steps. I wouldn't have discussed such personal matters with anyone at work to begin with.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JealousGrrl:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)