Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got called a stupid f****** minority worker tonight...

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:13 AM
  • 25 Replies
By a customer. I work as a cashier at a local grocery store. Tonight I had an older white man come through my line. The guy that was my bagger and I were very polite to the man but WEREN'T overly talkative because the man had a lot of stuff and its hard to concentrate on correctly scanning everything and talking at the same time. What set him off to begin with was that we weren't talking his head off... Sorry but I worked a 7 hour shift and had ten minutes before I got off. The next thing that set him off was that he had a 12 cans of veggies, all different, in a cardboard flat box that they are shipped in. We have to scan each one no matter if its the same type of veggie or not. So my bagger started putting them in bags and then double bagged it. The man didn't realize it until after we had put it in his cart. So he starts yelling "did you idiots not see the f****** flat? I got it for a f****** reason you stupid f****** minority workers." By this point one of the csm's comes over to see what the problem was and the man starts cussing him out. Then the night manager comes over and tells the man that if he has a problem with the way we do things, he can take his business elsewhere and that he is no longer welcome due to his behavior towards the employees. Both the bagger, myself, the csm and night manager all are white as was the man. How am I a "stupid f****** minority worker"? Is it because I work in a grocery store or because I am a woman?!
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyhoney
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I don't know but I hate old entitled men who are bitter.
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:22 AM

What a dick!

Lol I wouldn't take it personal. I worked as a checker once during Christmas season and holy shit, people are mean. It's definitely not the most wonderful time of the year!

momof2891
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:23 AM
But that's the thing, he couldn't have been any older than my stepdad who is 60. If it was an elderly (70+) that had said it, I would have just thought "ok he is just a grumpy old man".

Quoting lovemyhoney:

lovemyhoney
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:24 AM
People are assholes. I would just get over it. He obviously has more issues than you know.

Quoting momof2891:

But that's the thing, he couldn't have been any older than my stepdad who is 60. If it was an elderly (70+) that had said it, I would have just thought "ok he is just a grumpy old man".

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Maybe his sight is going  .... jeez.   Some people are miseerable no matter what.

DropZoneMom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:25 AM

WOW.   I wonder if this man is suffering from dementia??   That kind of ridiculous outburst is often indicative of Alzheimer's or other forms.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
You can still be grumpy at 60ish lol.

Quoting momof2891:

Quoting lovemyhoney:

momof2891
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I'm not going to but I just don't understand what set him off. After the night manager told him that he wasn't allowed to come back, he said "we will see about that. I'm going to talk to store director and I will have all of your jobs". The night manager, who is also the assistant store director told him to go ahead but that the store director would tell him the exact same.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

What a dick!

Lol I wouldn't take it personal. I worked as a checker once during Christmas season and holy shit, people are mean. It's definitely not the most wonderful time of the year!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Wow the guy was a dick...on another note though I do find it rude when the cashier and bagger have a conversation and ignore me.
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:29 AM

It sounds like what set him off was the fact that his cans weren't put in the flat box. That's all it takes for mean people.

Quoting momof2891:

I'm not going to but I just don't understand what set him off. After the night manager told him that he wasn't allowed to come back, he said "we will see about that. I'm going to talk to store director and I will have all of your jobs". The night manager, who is also the assistant store director told him to go ahead but that the store director would tell him the exact same.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

What a dick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)