Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awwww man, really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Pull him out, it's just once

Keep him in school. It's not worth taking him out of class for.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 47

View Results

So, Tuesday is trick or treating at dh's work. We went last year and it was really fun. Plus, it was the first time I actually got to go inside and see where he works, because it's the VA, and it's a hassle to go through security. Honestly, dh loved walking DS around and introducing him to his coworkers. But this year they are doing it at 2:30 in the afternoon. It's an hour before school is out. And I hate the idea of pulling him out of class for something like this. He's 6, in the first grade, and we do an hour of reading and practicing writing/math every day to try to keep him on track. But, I also really want to take him. Dang.

Would you pull your kid out, with it being a one time thing this year, or is it silly to take him away from learning something to get candy and see daddy's work? But honestly, last year it started at 4. We had plenty of time to make it after class. Why would they do trick or treating during school hours? It's funny, because they are so big on stuff like this. Almost everyone dressed up last year, and tons of kids were there. It was the only time all year they actively invited spouses and children to participate. It just seems like it wasn't well thought put. Humph. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM
I wouldn't pull out my kid out of school for something like. I would say let's do homework later instead of immediately after school.

Maybe there is meetings or something else going on and that's why they planned it at that time.
Bleacher-mom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I would pull him out. Maybe talk to his teacher so you can get any work he will miss and get it done before that day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Quoting Supervane:

I wouldn't pull out my kid out of school for something like. I would say let's do homework later instead of immediately after school.

Oops, my bad. I must not have been clear. It's that it goes from 2:30-3:30, not because of homework. School gets out at 3:30. If I don't take him out, we completely miss it.
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Its like a half hour till the end of the day, he wont miss anything, pull him out and let him see daddys work.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I would take him to the VA and let him have some fun.

JealousGrrl
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM
It's only one day. Let him have fun at dad's work. :-)
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM

He's not going to miss anything in one hour.

lexiloo714
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Just pull him out, 1 hour one time isn't going to hurt him
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Same here...

Quoting csxt99:

I would take him to the VA and let him have some fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Absolutely I would pull him out of school. Your whole family will have so much fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)