Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Begining to think my MIL did not give my husband the money...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies

My husband wants some kind of fancy 200.00 bicycle tire for his bike. We just dont have the money right now, so, after screaming at me to stop buying grocerys so he can buy the tire, he went to his mother for the money, or so he said.

He keeps demanding I order this tire, which the site only takes debit or credit, and we dont have credit. So I told him that I needed the money to put into our account to cover the debit when I buy the tire. He says not that I have to purchase it first and then I can have the money to put into our account, because if he gives me the money before I order it I will spend it on myself, buying what, I dont know, since my clothes come from goodwill and I dont buy other things for myself, but ok. 

I told him that he could hand me the money and watch me order the tire and then drive me to put the money in the bank, and he still yells and says no. Im starting to think that he really didnt go to his mother for the money and if not, and I order the tire, we wont be able to pay bills.

What do I do ladies, Im at a loss and we really dont have an extra 200.00 plus shipping right now!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM
11 moms liked this
Divorce him? No but really. He sounds like a child.
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM
3 moms liked this
That would be a no and he wouldn't borrow the money to get it either. Your husband sounds like a dickhead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't order it. His loss.
Sweet2413
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM
umm... no! he can wait on the damn tire when you have extra money left over. He def didnt get the money from his mom.
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM
I dont know what I would do. Hes being a total child. Can you ask mil?
KelleLynn
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM
3 moms liked this
Give him $5. He can go get a prepaid visa and add the money his mom gave him to that card and order his own damn tire.
Or call his mom for clarification of the exact amount she gave him so you dont go over on your purchase :)
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I'd know how to react... There would be crickets chirping in the background and I'd probably be open mouth staring at him.  

LaMerica
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

He sounds selfish and immature. Stick to your guns. If he yells, he yells. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll lose his voice.

DragonInfinity
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Yeah, I'd be slapping some damn sense into his child like attitude!
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Why are you allowing him to act like a child?! I wouldn't put up with that shit. Sounds like you have control of the money, at least you've got your head on straight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)