Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm broke, SHHH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Okay, so.. I just had my DD in July. I was going into my sophomore semester in college, but had to stop for personal reasons. I planned on going back until I found out Monday that I owe unexplainable money. Which isn't necessarily the problem. Anyhow, I've been looking for jobs, and nothing is coming up. I put in an app with my aunt's business, hopefully she goes easy on me. Point is, I need serious financial help! My mom is awesome, she helps out a HUGE deal, and I could live with her forever. But I feel like such a burden on her and everyone else here. So I'm looking for an apartment. Which is especially hard when you have no source of income. I could always do welfare, and programs of that nature, but if I do that then I'll be forced to put my child's father on child support. I don't want to do that, because there's no reason for that. He does everything he is supposed to do, even though we aren't together. I've tried making money online, applying for a loan (which I'm waiting to get my results back), babysitting (& its hard considering I have a 3month old). I was thinking about doing a yard sale, along with ebay and craigslist. I basically just need some help figuring out what to do. Have any of you experienced financial hardship like mine? What do you all suggest?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Keep putting your app out there. Stay with your mom until you get a job and have money. No one will sign a lease with you without you have a job. Moving out when you have no reliable income will get you into trouble. Places will be hiring because of the holiday. Did you tell your aunt you applied at her place?
suzanneyea
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:05 AM

How can you move out with no income?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Yesterday I saw an episode of the TV show " For rent " a couple with a few months left of college and no income got an apt,  they promised lanlord they would get a job when they finished college and paid the landlord an extra month of rent paid by I assume their parents

Quoting suzanneyea:

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Getting an apartment with no job, I am guessing no husband, a baby, seems like a very poor choice to make in life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yesterday I saw an episode of the TV show " For rent " a couple with a few months left of college and no income got an apt,  they promised lanlord they would get a job when they finished college and paid the landlord an extra month of rent paid by I assume their parents

Quoting suzanneyea:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM

I personally would not do it with no employment,  hopefully the Mom can get on her feet with employment and lots of encouragement,

Quoting suzanneyea:

Getting an apartment with no job, I am guessing no husband, a baby, seems like a very poor choice to make in life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting suzanneyea:

tossed
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:20 AM

How do you plan on renting an apartment if you do not have a job and do not have housing assistance.  It sounds like you should move in with your mom and develop a budgeting program and a savings program after you get   a job. This does not mean you live with your mom forever, but she could help you get yourself togther.

What money do you owe the school and how much do you owe?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Have you considered looking into community management type jobs? You would manage the apartment community and live in the manager's apartment (often for free) and a small salary. Many times the schedule is somewhat flexible, allowing you to go to school. Just a thought...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)