Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have ever taken an animal on a plane

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 40 Replies

Can I see a picture (either stock or otherwise) of the carrier you used. Reading the rules about the carrier seems very confusing to me and I can't even wrap my head around it.

ETA

Thanks everyone for the pics and suggestions. I went back to the airlines web page and found a less confusing page that explained the rules better. It seems I was reading the rules for pets flying in the cargo hold. :)

I'll buy a soft carrier for him. 

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:29 AM

BUMP

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM

BUMP, I know it's early

momma-flynn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I'm on my phone so I can't get a pic. But it's the hard sided plastic ones if they go under the plane and soft sided for in the plane. If you look they usually say " safe for air travel" soon where in the label.
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM

BWahahahaha

Quoting momma-flynn:

Mobile Photo

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I found a bunch online that say they are for air travel, but when I look up the rules for the plane they conflict. Like how the carrier has to be big enough for the animal to stand or lay down without it touching the sides or top? Or some weird thing about being able to give your animal water or food without opening the carrier.

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

I'm on my phone so I can't get a pic. But it's the hard sided plastic ones if they go under the plane and soft sided for in the plane. If you look they usually say " safe for air travel" soon where in the label.

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM

How big is your pet?

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM

He's just a cat. Only 7 months old. He's the size of a regular cat.

Quoting Aslen:

How big is your pet?

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I have a beagle, he's about forty lbs. He went under the plane. I used a hard sided plastic Create that you would think would've a good size for a standard sized lab. I got bowls that hung on the door of the crate so some one could give him water if need be with out opening the door. I also put in a big blanket because I heard it could get chilly down there. That being said, being under the plane isn't the best option, try not to if you don't have to :-)

Quoting Heisenberg:

I found a bunch online that say they are for air travel, but when I look up the rules for the plane they conflict. Like how the carrier has to be big enough for the animal to stand or lay down without it touching the sides or top? Or some weird thing about being able to give your animal water or food without opening the carrier.

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN