Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They keep dropping cigarette ash on my 2 yr old

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM
  • 13 Replies

So we live in an apartment in the UK and they all have balconies, when I'm busy cooking or something I let Ds 2 out to play, I watch him closely. The people upstairs smoke on their balcony and the man leans over the edge and flicks his cigarette, and yet again ds just came in with the ash in his hair, Ds hair is tight curls so it gets in quite far a d is just disgusting! 

I don't personally know these people so I'm not sure what route to take but I have Seriously had enough, the ash is always all over the balcony and I refuse to have to stop using that area of my home because of these people 

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m0mmy0ftw02012
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM

i would go talk to them and ask them to please stop because their ashes are landing on yourTWO year old son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
That would piss me off so much. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM

So talk to him? Tell him the situation and ask NICELY if he could use an ash tray. You catch more flies with honey.

momto3B
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I would go and purchase a nice ashtray and a bottle of wine and ask the neighbors nicely not to flick ashes over the side. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
That's apartment living.
They have a right to smoke out there. Just as you have a right to enjoy yours.
You could say something,but it probably wont change a thing.
Just sweep up before you go out and don't let DD play outside if they are smoking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
This is an idea, at least they can't say I was being rude

Quoting momto3B:

I would go and purchase a nice ashtray and a bottle of wine and ask the neighbors nicely not to flick ashes over the side. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM

just ask nicely, if you go up there all bitchy, where do you think that will get you.

LilliesValley
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Is there anything in your lease about it. I'd go to the management office and complain. I wouldn't want a ash all over my balcony let alone on my kid. Yuck.
LilliesValley
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
This is great. Probably the best first try thing to do.

Quoting momto3B:

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I'd go buy them an ashtray.  They probably have no clue the ashes are landing on him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN