Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

McDonald's worker upset she was told to apply for Food Stamps

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
1 mom liked this

I guess this lady is one of the activist trying to get fast food wages increased to $15.00/hr.  She called a help line that her location didn't use and the person there told her she didn't qualify for advice but did try and help by telling her if she needs financial help she can apply for PA. I guess she is angry that she has worked at McDonald's for 10yrs and only makes $8.25/hr.  My question is, why has she worked in fast food for 10yrs? Why has she not moved up to managment in that amount of time.  If she is in management and is making that then why hasn't she applied for management jobs somewhere else.  I had a manager at a travel agency that had been a manager at McDonalds once.  Once you get into management there are lots of better paying places you can take that experience to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/24/mcdonalds-food-stamps_n_4151647.html?utm_hp_ref=business&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D396868

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

cuz she's too stupid to learn how to manage? After all, she worked in fast food for 10yrs, and couldn't manage to move up...that is her fault. 

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
8 moms liked this
She either lacks the skills or drive to go further. Either way she doesn't deserve $15 an hour.
Miller0305
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Her problem is she's worked there for 10 years. She needs loftier goals for herself. 

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Low skill job = lower pay. I knew this in jr. high, not sure why this is a surprise to her or why she expected a different outcome 10 years later.

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Fast food jobs are not meant to get a career out of it unless you are interested in managing a fast food chain

Spending 10 years at 8.25? 

Why didnt she apply to better positions

adrianaevanmom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Those jobs were never intended to support a family. Do I think she is a horrible person? No. But I'm not going to kid myself and say they need 15/hour. People who think that has no idea how it all circles.

Basically raise minimum wage and prices go up. Prices go up then that new minimum wage is still not enough to make the ends meet.

It sucks. But that's why a you major in a decent program that over time will pay well and you go up.
It was never met to support a family.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Not sure what she expects.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I was wondering the same thing lol. I have worked at mcdonalds for 3 yrs and I am a certified manager. I am currently training to become the department manager. If you want to make more bust your ass andwork for it.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM
9 moms liked this
Minimum wage needs to be raised. Not everyone is capable of higher skilled jobs. That doesn't mean they don't deserve a living wage. Cost of living keeps going up bit minimum wage does not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
They want $15 an hour for rude service and cold food... give me a break.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured