Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to change

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I realized I'm a bitter person. I almost always assume the worst in people or situations. I didn't used to be this way and I don't know what caused it. It's heavy and tiring to be so angry about everything. How do I get myself back to a more positive mindset?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Whenever you start thinking negative replace it with something positive, I highly suggest reading the happiness project by Gretchen Rubin, that's helped me become more positive
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I dont realy know Ive never been through that but I thinking how I would do it if I was in your situation, I would probably find positive quotes and post them around the house. I guess Im thinking reading them through out your day may help.

caustinb
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I am the same way. I try to just ignore a lot of it. Try not to watch the news, stay away fro. People you know make your blood boil. Easier said than done ;)
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM

"The Secret" Book or movie. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM
The news really is depressing.

Quoting caustinb:

I am the same way. I try to just ignore a lot of it. Try not to watch the news, stay away fro. People you know make your blood boil. Easier said than done ;)
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Yoga and mediation help me:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I was the same way. I am getting better. Sometimes it's hard. I have tried really hard with my husbands family but it seems every time I try, I see or hear something else and it makes me mad.

As far as anything else goes, I try to say hi to everyone, ask them questions and give compliments. It REALLY makes a difference. Just try to be nice to two people today, three tomorrow, go out of your way for someone, compliment someone and then you will start seeing the change. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM

But people suck. 

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I don't know if you can completely change that on your own but the desire to do so is a big first step.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM
After posting this I took off to the beach. It's turned into an awesome day
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN